Bicycle repairs

Lulux77

Can anybody recommend a bicycle repair shop in the Dublin 14/Stillorgan/Milltown/ Churchtown/ Dundrum/Goatstown area that charge reasonable rates. I recently left my bike into a well know bicycle shop in Dundrum to get front tyre seen to. When i returned to collect they had put a new tube and tyre on at a cost of €42.!! Don't think I paid that amount for my last car tyre!. I now need to have the brakes looked at but don't want to get caught out again. Bicycle is very old but it has served me well over the years so not interested in getting a new one.
Thanks!

Great .Will try UCD. I'm assuming they are open normal business hours. Do you know the name of the shop and is it easy to find? Can't ever recall seeing a shop there.

I just got my tyre replaced last wk at cycleway in DD (upstairs @ snow&rock) for €14 incl new tyre

Can anybody recommend a bicycle repair shop in the Dublin 14/Stillorgan/Milltown/ Churchtown/ Dundrum/Goatstown area that charge reasonable rates. I recently left my bike into a well know bicycle shop in Dundrum to get front tyre seen to. When i returned to collect they had put a new tube and tyre on at a cost of €42.!! Don't think I paid that amount for my last car tyre!. I now need to have the brakes looked at but don't want to get caught out again. Bicycle is very old but it has served me well over the years so not interested in getting a new one.
Thanks!

That's not neccessarily a bad price, depending on the tyre/tube combo. Did you ask what the price would be before you left the store?

I just got my tyre replaced last wk at cycleway in DD (upstairs @ snow&rock) for €14 incl new tyre

It's Cycle Surgery, I'm not sure what they charge for maintenance, but they wouldn't be cheap for components, etc..

By the way, the lowest price tyre they sell (on their site anyway), is £15. What did they give you?

Thanks!

That shop that you mention is usually decent value, but they're not the most professional from a customer service point of view. I usually go down to Think Bike in Rathmines, they open early and late, and they are great for keeping you informed of the cost.

Hubby says not hard to find... bikes on display out front. All day and Sat morning. Google Belfield Bike Shop... do rentals etc

I saw the UCD bike shop sign last night. It is right beside the entrance to the running track. So enter via Stillorgan flyover and keep left till you see the sign and the track on your left.

I'm living in Goatstown and would usually use Hollingsworth in Kilmacud, Thikbike in Rathmines or UCD bikeshop.

Oh, and from just checking out price of parts and buying a tube, I wouldn't have thought Cycle Surgery was at all reasonably priced

I know its nowhere near D14 but in case other people are looking for same, I got a new tube and tyre fitted to mountain bike for €20 in Delaney's on Harolds Cross bridge yesterday. Website isnt great: http://www.tdelaneyandson.ie/

...they had put a new tube and tyre on at a cost of €42.!! Don't think I paid that amount for my last car tyre!...

You might have dire tyres on your car and now have at least one decent on on your bike.

Did you price the tyre on the web? No idea if thats bad value or not, but you really need to get a quote before getting things done. That's pretty basic stuff.

Of course its a 5 mins job yourself. If you were concerned about saving money thats the way to do it. Get the tube and tyre on the web.

Note that an entry level cheap tyre may not be that durable or puncture resistant.

I recently got a new tyre in Cycle Superstore in Tallaght. They said they could do it from a price starting at €20. I asked for a mid-range quality tyre and it cost around €30.

I have a set of puncture resistant tyres on my bicycle they are about €40 each online.

If you want something at a certain price, its common sense you should tell them that at the start.

Back