BGE not paying Microgeneration

tinymouse

I was a customer with BGE until recently when I switched.
I had solar panels installed late late year. My installer sent the NC6 form to ESB.
I contacted BGE on the phone towards the end of the year to ask to be put on their microgeneration tariff. They said that was done. I would receive payment at the end of the following year (2023) or when I left BGE.

Anyway, after a hefty price increase in February, I switched suppliers to SSE. I got my final bill from BGE, only to find no adjustment made for the Microgeneration.
When I contacted them, they said they had never actually signed me up to the microgeneration, and that it's too late now, since I'd already left them.

Does that mean the electricity I fed back to the grid up to then is now gone, and I can't get any payment for it?

I was a customer with BGE until recently when I switched.
I had solar panels installed late late year. My installer sent the NC6 form to ESB.
I contacted BGE on the phone towards the end of the year to ask to be put on their microgeneration tariff. They said that was done. I would receive payment at the end of the following year (2023) or when I left BGE.

Anyway, after a hefty price increase in February, I switched suppliers to SSE. I got my final bill from BGE, only to find no adjustment made for the Microgeneration.
When I contacted them, they said they had never actually signed me up to the microgeneration, and that it's too late now, since I'd already left them.

Does that mean the electricity I fed back to the grid up to then is now gone, and I can't get any payment for it?
I would phone them back. If you remember the dates they should have the calls recorded but I know that’s a big ‘if’

You should have received an email from them titled ‘Microgeneration payments: what happens next’. This confirms that they signed you up for it and you agreed to the terms and conditions.

They're lying to you. I had the same issue, they say they're working on how to process payment to people who left them.

I complained to them. They phoned to say payment will be made in March.I phoned back and they now say payment will be made in April. I believe payment will never be made by them. I complained to CRU after 3 months of nothing from BG. CRU say it needs to finish BG complaint process. I said they've had 3 months and asked how long BG have to sort this out , isn't 3 months enough?. Afterall, BG have known for at least two years now that this was coming into law.
CRU don't really care in my opinion. I won't say anything more about CRU apart from saying they're not there for your benefit.

I would advise anybody with solar PV to stay away from BG.

Write directly to their Managing Director, Dave Kirwan at

Bord Gais Ireland,

1, Warrington Place,

Dublin D02HH27.

Send copy of letter by e-mail also to [email protected]

Confirm you are doing this as part of the complaint's process that you are pursuing with CRU.

List all your dealings to-date with BG.

Best of luck. Be polite but determined :)

Back