Beware Pixmania

When shopping for the first time on pixmania were you asked for your passport/driver's license details? I tried to buy a camera on weds and received an email on thurs morning asking fro the above info for validation purposes????

Had you any reservations about faxing that info or am i just bein over cautious?

i bought Sony N2 camera 10MP from Pixmania Ireland , however it was posted in Paris , cost 350 euro , and was not of the quality i expected .
Ebay are way cheaper

i bought Sony N2 camera 10MP from Pixmania Ireland , however it was posted in Paris , cost 350 euro , and was not of the quality i expected .
Ebay are way cheaper

Unless it was damaged in some way, you cannot blame pixmania for that. You should have researched if the Sony camera met your requirements before you purchased. Ebay may be cheaper but you are at higher risk of purchasing 'fake' goods.

The previous emails where old so I felt it necessary to inform readers that nothing has changed with Pixmania.

I ordered an item before I checked out the aftersales service. As soon as I realised that there was NONE I cancelled my order - within 24 hours, BEFORE they took the money from my credit card and BEFORE despatch (according to their tracking). Yet they shipped the item 24 hours AFTER CANCELLATION.

I have since being attempting to make contact with them but I'm only receiving automatically generated emails in response. This situation has has been going on for 2 weeks now. I'm not sure where I take it to next as I'm owed a very substantial sum of money by Pixmania

i got a dvd player and laptop cooler off them recently and i was very pleased with it...but i had tried to cancel the order when their confirmation email said my address was wrong but when i tried canceling it their instructions were to not accept the delivery of the items, i think its if you accept the good you get charged for it..so when they sent an email verifying my address after all that and when the goods arrived i happily accepted them

I'm legally allowed a 7 day cooling off period and can withdraw from the contract in that time without giving a reason. I took this option within 24 hours and as I previously said, before they shipped the item (according to their tracking system) I refused the package when it was delivered - I didn't sign for it, yet I subsequently received an email from Pixmania stating that according to their records I had received the item and signed for it. They provided instructions for returning the item to them. Again another automatically generated email. NOBODY ANSWERS EMAILS THERE. There is NO customer service!!

Although I made this purchase on pixmania.ie there was no mention of the company being outside of Ireland, in fact there was no address or contact details of any description on the website. I'm still wondering how I could have behaved so stupidly!

Does anyone know of any consumer law which extends to a company with an address in France which is where they are asking to to return the item.

Hi all,
I bought a camera bundle from Pixmania yesterday week. Even thought the website says "in stock" i got an email back that day after the transaction went through saying " camera is currently out of stock, we will send it a.s.a.p".
This was no good for me as i needed the camera for my holiday next week so i mailed back to cancel the order. They replied again that evening to say that the order had been dispatched and i got a tracking number and all. There has been no movement from the tracker since last Wednesday.
I rang the parcel crowd today and they have no idea about the parcel saying that they have not got it.
I phoned Pixmania after and they have said that it has not been dispatched yet ?? and to wait a few more days !!!!!!
What can i do, my hands are tied. I ordered them to investigate the dealings but what good will that do....
Where do i go from here ?

p.s i have an e mail saying that it has been dispatched, but pixmania have no record of that email.....
I have bought from them before and am so disappointed.
What do i do ?

Hi Guys,
I bought a panasonic camera before my wedding and honeymoon last August from pixmania. After been lugged around the inca trail and skiiing and other weekends away it worked fine. But in March it gave up the ghost and lens wouldn't extend when it was switched on. I sent it back to pixmania and after a little bit high jinks where they claimed it haven't been delivered; (they use this to give themselves extra time) a month and half later I got the camera back in working order. Only peeve I have is they should have paid me back the postal charges I incurred by posting it back to them.

So message is if you got patience then they do have a good returns policy.

What has that got to do with the positive experiences of jellyshot and his/her associates? They ordered their goods and received them and (presumably) they worked fine. Surely it's fair comment and relevant to mention this just as it is to mention negative experiences with orders not being flufilled or delivered products not working properly?

Absolute rubbish. No it is not. It is not fair to balance good reviews with bad.

When you pays your money you EXPECT your goods, you expect them on time, and you expect them in working order. You also expect proper customer service that many large online retailers can provide if necessary. That is the what the retailer should be providing in order to stay in business and compete. If they provide all of the above, then they have ONLY done what they are expected to do as a business, nothing more.

If they do not provide all of the above, then only bad reviews will unmask this. What is a good review going to tell? That nothing went wrong? That the correct goods were delivered? That the product worked? That the customer is willing to accept: delays, being charged before delivery, being lied to about the stock status? At most a good review will show that they are doing their job, as expected in order to deserve your business.

If any of the above go wrong they deserve a bad review, and considering the amount of bad reviews pixmania have gotten over the past four years, I'll be staying miles away from them. Komplett are far more straightforward to deal with, especially if there's a problem. Never touch Dabs, total disaster case. Not sure about Expansys. Elara seems okay also.

Komplett are far more straightforward to deal with, especially if there's a problem. Never touch Dabs, total disaster case. Not sure about Expansys. Elara seems okay also.

I take everything back I said about Komplett. They are a company that do not deserve to exist in their present form. Biggest retail disaster of 2010.

Back