Health Insurance Better than Simply Connect Plus?

AloeAloe

My wife and I (both 36) have basic health insurance (VHI public plus care, €503 x 2) to avoid the loading, we have two kids (6 & 3) who are on VHI Enhance Care Complete 150 (€299.22 x 2).
In total we're currently paying €1606pa.
We're based in Co.Mayo. Non smokers. Generally pretty healthy, although I medicate long term for asthma.

I want to get better cover for my wife and I and also reassess our kids cover.
There is a history of kids eyes and ears problems in my family.

From researching the different plans I'm leaning on getting LAYA Simply Connect Plus for all of us (€3696pa).
I don't mind paying some excess and it seems to be the best bang for buck for a decent level of cover. I'm more interested in a higher level of cover rather than claiming on day-to-day expenses.

As far as I can tell there wouldn't be any waiting period for new conditions if we upgraded.

Do you think I'm on the right track here, or are there better plans available? I don't mind paying a little extra. Thank you.

Hi,
This is the Plan that my family is on . It seems to be a good midle of the road plan and we find it good and paided for by my work, so the all waiting periods were waved with 10% discount as part of a group scheme ( My dad had basic plan with Laya and added him to my work membership so they waived the upgrade rules and got 10% discount of the cost paid directly to laya) . It still give you access to Mater Private and the Back rock with Daily excess if something major is wrong don't mind paying that if need it.

If you not buying as part of a Group scheme I think the Upgrade rules apply where you cant access all the higher benefits for 2 years. But double-check with laya first.

Also Kids dont have to on the same plan and could be on cheaper plans . Their debate in the past on here if Kids need to have as high level of coverage as adults since their no Kids private hospitals in Ireland. But Laya do allow procedures abroad in EU countries ( were the price is not higher as here if the waiting list is shorter in that country)

My wife and I (both 36) have basic health insurance (VHI public plus care, €503 x 2) to avoid the loading, we have two kids (6 & 3) who are on VHI Enhance Care Complete 150 (€299.22 x 2).
In total we're currently paying €1606pa.
We're based in Co.Mayo. Non smokers. Generally pretty healthy, although I medicate long term for asthma.

I want to get better cover for my wife and I and also reassess our kids cover.
There is a history of kids eyes and ears problems in my family.

From researching the different plans I'm leaning on getting LAYA Simply Connect Plus for all of us (€3696pa).
I don't mind paying some excess and it seems to be the best bang for buck for a decent level of cover. I'm more interested in a higher level of cover rather than claiming on day-to-day expenses.

As far as I can tell there wouldn't be any waiting period for new conditions if we upgraded.

Do you think I'm on the right track here, or are there better plans available? I don't mind paying a little extra. Thank you.
Hello. Great advice available on regular radio consumer programmes from the expert, guy called Dermot Goode from Total Health Cover. Its free advice if you txt the consumer programme when it comes up again.
No connection to him whatsoever, but he seems to be able to compare all the schemes & saves consumers from needless
cover at higher costs. Well worth your while to make contact.

Hello. Great advice available on regular radio consumer programmes from the expert, guy called Dermot Goode from Total Health Cover. Its free advice if you txt the consumer programme when it comes up again.
No connection to him whatsoever, but he seems to be able to compare all the schemes & saves consumers from needless
cover at higher costs. Well worth your while to make contact.
He used to charged €150....

If you are planning to go with Simply Connect Plus, do a comparison to Laya Inspire Plus. Coverage is near identical if not mistaken and a little bit cheaper.

If you are planning to go with Simply Connect Plus, do a comparison to Laya Inspire Plus. Coverage is near identical if not mistaken and a little bit cheaper.
It's a great policy and price is €20 lower than the other one. However there is one notable difference which could prove costly to someone requiring these procedures.
Specified Orthopaedic & Ophthalmic Procedures20% shortfall

Back