Best way to ship a product to UK?

brian.mobile

What's the best / cost efficient way to ship a product to the UK?

Spec:

Not food / not breakable
Less than 4KG
Box about 2ft x 2ft x 5 inches - pizza type size
Needs to be there in 2 days or less

Examples of cost / companies etc appreciated

BM

There are loads of courier companies that do what you want. Get out the golden pages and call them and go with the best deal.
We use Fastway and Interlink within Ireland and numerous other companies for export depending on what country we are shipping to.
Cost is not a major consideration for us though. We select based on reliability and lead-time.

Who are you shipping to? If it is B2B, and if the recipients are members of the DX (Document Exchange), then this would be the cheapest option by far. If it just a few customers, and there is a lot of product, it might pay to get them signed up to the DX.

I thought that DX was a (supposedly) secure mail system specifically between legal practitioners? I say supposedly because there's a DX box in our shared building (housing many solicitors and others) that anybody could dip into if they felt like it!

Many lawyers use it, but it is not specific to the legal profession. Not 100% reliable either, but pretty good. They do have a 'tracked DX' option which is like registered post but I don't know a lot about it.

Back