Best way to get rid of unwanted soil

pudzer

We're nearing the end of a new build and have a lot of subsoil around our house. What are the options on geting rid of this earth
e.g. could I put an ad in local paper to see if someone needs some. WHo would pay in this instance to remove it?
or I could send it to a quarry which has been quoted at 6-7k to do!

What do people normally do? There's way too much there spread across the site and it's mainly subsoil. We'll hang on to any top soil.

Last edited:
I would advertise it as 'free to take away'

One mans trash is another mans treasure. Its worth a try.

Agree with smashbox... there could be someone who needs it to fill/level a site, this happened me and i had to arrange a digger and dumper for the day but as least it was only a fraction of the price...

You could also spread the subsoil around your future grasses/planted areas and then cover that with the topsoil. Might raise the levels a bit but might be worth saving 6-7k.

Ours went to a closed local landfill which was being remediated by the Council (Waterford). Maybe try ringing round your local area.

You should be able to prove it wasn't just dumped. We got a cert. from the LA.

SSE

Please note that posts looking to obtain some/all of this fall foul of the no advertising rule.
Leo

Sorry Leo, what exactly are you saying, I dont get your point?????

AskAboutMoney does not allow advertising, replying to this thread looking to get this unwanted top soil is considered a 'wanted ad', and as such is not allowed.
Leo

Ask any local farmer if they want it?

Many will be glad of some filling for fields etc

A local farmer took ours for a hollow in his field, I would have charged for it if it has of been excess top soil.
A load of topsoil would fetch 40 to 60 euro a load

Back