Best way to get accommodation in Tenerife

lyonsie

We are hoping to go to Tenerife in March and I was wondering if anyone knows any way of getting great value accommodation, even at the last minute. Is it possible to go to estate agents or whatever is their equivilent and get a good deal on an apt.
I know on some of the Greek Islands there are lots of people waiting at the piers for people getting off the ferries offering very affordable accommodation and not for 'dives' either.
Has anyone left it till they got to Tenerife to look for accommodation. Or does anyone know someone who has an apt. to let for 2 people for 2 weeks at the end of March, 19th to Apr.3rd. Very responsible couple, mid forties....

Thanks Runner, but I am looking for 'bargain'. Probably impossible. Been out sick from work since Nov. 05 and could do with a holiday, but money is tight. Have spent the day on the net. looking for 'bargain'. Am still trying, any other thoughts....
Regards.

To be frank, the cheapest combined way of holidaying there is probably an 'off peak' package with Budget. As one can get a week in canaries generally during the 'winter' excluding school holiday period from under 300euro per head, its hard to beat this when you add up the cheapest flights and getting rental accomodation there yourself, when you also add in airport transfer stec at other end.
I rent a place in gran canaria from around 50euro per day which is typical costs there,and would use this option at Xmass when package prices are high, but other times it would be cheaper to go 'package'
R

Just had a look at Ryanair and they have Tenerife for €6.49 each way on various dates in March. The cheapest with Aer Lingus is €55 each way.

Aer lingus fly to Tenerife South while Ryanair fly to Tenerife North.
Most people going to Tenerife head for the South but in fact the North is a much nice part of the Island. Granted the weather will not be as warm in the North but it is still a beautiful place to go for a holiday.

For accommodation you could try www.alpharooms.com
I have used them for Lanzarote and Fuerteventura accommodation and got some very good deals.

Yes, have looked up the flights and the price is wonderful, but would like to get accommodation for just as wonderful a price..... if that is possible. Stell looking for ideas. Anyone out there got any.... I have booked at those wonderful prices, but still need accommodation, too old for park benches...

Have any of you out there in (ask about money) land got any properties to rent for 2 weeks, 19th March..... Would be much obliged.

As suggested Alpharooms.com or you could try Flightline.co.uk. Depending on when you are going Budget Travel have some good bargains at the moment on their website.

Thanks Liverlips, looked at both sites. Will keep them on file for future reference. Didn't think it would be so expensive to d.i.y. but will keep trying.

Thanks for that. Still looking though. Have an offer of accommodation in Golf del Sur. Good price though. Will be flying in to North Airport though and if anyone knows anything about the buses I would love to get as much info as possible. Ryanair only fly into North Airport. Taxi would be rather expensive each way so bus if frequent would be great.

[broken link removed] are offering Golf del Sur for €460 for two people for 7 nights at the end of March, half board.

Back