best way to find a site

selfbuildkk

Hi all just wondering if anyone new of a website or any other medium in which to find a suitable site for building, a friend has asked and all i could say was the usual property sites,word of mouth etc. any ideas suggestions greatly appreciated,thanks.

drive around the location you want to look in, if you see something nice, go and ask the farmer directly, some would be very happy to sell a site but just don't be bothered putting up a sign "incase the neighbours would be thinking they need a bit of money"..you'd be surprised...but it does take time and alot of patience

thanks guys tried sitefinder etc. I think the best they can do like you say is word of mouth, drive around the place etc.true what you say about some farmers and their land,a lot of people i know have found sites that way

What part of the country are you interested in. If we knew that, posters might know of some posible sites in that general area.

Secman

news papers, google "site for sale and what ever county you looking for it in. we drove around the areas we liked there is loads of for sale signs up. thats actually how we found ours in the end.

sorry should have been more specific was quite wary of posting specific details afraid of turning AAM into buy and sell!looking for roughly 3-5 acres in south kk?Soldier thanks for advice but (not meaning to be smart or ungrateful in any way) surely if there were "for sale" signs up would they not be on agents website, myhome, daft etc?

I think Soldier means the hand painted signs on bits of waste wood with "Site 4 Sale ->" on 'em.

Back