Best way to advertise

howareya

Can anyone suggest the best way to advertise a new function room. Do weekly ads in the papers really work. They seem to be alway squashed into the same page Do people actually read them.

Your ideas would be gratefully appreciated

Hi H,

I dont propose you answer the following questions on the board but you should develop a business plan in which you could consider the following questions.

Who are your potential customers?
How would you categorise your customers?
Who are your competitors and where do they advertise?
What is the message you want to get it accross?
How will you determine whether your advertising is effective or not?

aj

I would definitely go the route of the local paper then. Get it out in peoples head as a place to hold their parties. Some people will see the ad and remember it for when they plan on having a party, so you should get both immediate and long term customers from it.

One thing! Never pay the price they ask for. Advertising is highly negotiable.

Papers are an expensive way to advertise and you always run the risk of being shoved in between 10 other more well known venues. What about contacting all the local party planners and caterers. Also maybe contact funeral directors, photographers, video ppl and anyone else who may have contact with parties. At least this way your ultimate customer is getting a word of mouth recommendation.

Good suggestion jemmi. I think local papers charge a fortune for the service they provide. I am reminded of that every time I see the owner of the local paper ( who basically just inherited it ) get in or out of the top of the range car ( over 130,000 euro ) he drives and the lifestyle he leads.
No names mentioned.

Depends on who your function room caters to. If it's for business meetings connect up with your local chamber http://www.chambers.ie/ If it's for weddings advertise on the many sites/publications eg http://www.wed.ie If you are part of a larger business eg a Hotel then consider marketing it same as you would a Spa ie separate website identity, customer newsletters etc.

Back