Home Best Value Home Insurance.

bigdee77

I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find any updated info on same. Currently with get cover & looking to find the best value home insurance.

I don't think such a thing exists. You need to ring round EVERY year - to ensure that you get the best deal.

I got my FBD contents renewal last week. Quick check with Zurich found more than double the price, ALlianz was the same. Called FBD, said Allianz was coming in about 15% cheaper, but didn't wqant hassle of changing and liked FBD, was with them for car. They agreed to reduce premium by about 13%. I do that every year and always get reduction.

Hom Insurance

Hi an can
u tell me if Getcover.ie is a fairly reputable home insurance Co to deal with...quotes seem very cheap..Cheers

Hi an can
u tell me if Getcover.ie is a fairly reputable home insurance Co to deal with...quotes seem very cheap..Cheers
Well, no more than other insurers really - make sure you declare absolutely EVERYTHING, check the excess - and the small print.

A couple of years back, was about to renew with them when discovered that they wouldn't validate cover due to me having a couple of folks in the house under the 'rent a room scheme (whereas virtually all other insurers were fine with this).

Back