Best value for new tyres

StaroftheSea

Hi all,

Tyres for my BMW (255/40 R17 Runflats) are coming in at about 210 euro per tyre......

I know prices vary according to make, I have original Bridgestone Potenza make on it but I'm willing to try other makes if they come recommended....

Has anybody any suggestions as to where better value for money may lie?

Thanks,

I have Bridgestone Potenza as well. I happened across Malahide tyres ( found a recommendation somewhere online - can't now remember where). I found them good value. I recently changed 2 tyres which cost me €180 ( thereabouts). You might chance giving em a call and ask for a price. 01 8403856.

Thanks Horusd I'll do that tomorrow..... There's a local guy coming back to me with a 'good' price tomorrow, so I'll be able to compare both of them.....!

Don't forget to check week/year of manufacturing, especially on "good price" tyres...See here for further info.

Thanks for that link Bacchus. I'll keep that in mind when I change again. As a bye the bye on Malahide tyres two things impressed me when I went to them. Firstly they told me I didn't need a replacement tyre on one side,they inspected it and said it was fine. Unusual for someone to turn away a sale to an absolute green horn like me. Secondly, the last time I was there, an ambulance from the HSE was having their tyres done. I figured that the HSE would only use the best service providers on ambulances, given the whole safety issue.

and dont forget to make sure that they have an 'e' marking as otherwise you will fail your NCT. I got four goodyear eagles about 2 years ago and there was no marking......

210 is not a bad price for run flats.the date code will usally be just after the dot code something like 4810 which is 48th week of 2010 tyres older the 3 years but still ''new'' will not perform as well

Back