Best value for a package deal to New York

I'll second the Belvedere, very central, huge rooms and they do specials ($199) fairly regularly - enjoy.

Where is this information? I have booked a flight with Delta Dub-JFK for December and have searched the tickets I received and the Delta website and cannot see any reference to a stopover in Shannon. Can someone please let me know where I can find this out as I thought most airlines had abolished the stop over in Shannon.

Thanks J

They don't officially count it as a stopover for some reason although you have to leave the plane in Shannon, go through the US passport control and security checks - eye scans, finger prints, etc. and then re-board the plane - you are there for at least an hour. We weren't made aware of it until we checked in to Dublin and got 2 sets of boarding cards - one for Dub and one for Shannon. On the main tickets it looks like a direct flight. I'd call them, maybe this has changed but it was only last November I flew there. On the way back we didn't have to get off the plane but we still stopped there and were waiting on the plane for about an hour before taking off again.

Delta Airlines has direct non-stop flights from both Shannon and Dublin to JFK in November - i.e. two aircraft one leaving Shannon at 08.55 and one leaving Dublin at 09.00.

I'm just back from a month touring the USA. I flew back home from JFK in New York and if your accomodation is on the island of Manhattan then theres absolutely no reason for you to take a taxi almost anywhere.
For 5 dollars you can take the airtrain which links JFK airport to the Manhattan subway among other things, fully explained here at this link http://www.panynj.gov/airtrain .
The Manhattan subway costs only 2 dollars to get inside and nil cost to exit anywhere you wish. From that point you can get a taxi if the thought of walking 1 or 2 blocks daunts you. Certainly all of the hotels I have seen mentioned thus far are within easy reach 5 or 10 minutes walk of a subway. This of course depends where you are staying but I'd advise you to look at a subway map http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm of manhattan and check if the subway doesnt have a stop right outside your accomodation.
Not only is it cheaper and faster and you can get a great sense of satisfaction from the challenge of knowing your way around like a New Yorker but you will also get to observe New Yorkers up close and its also greener too!

Delta Airlines has direct non-stop flights from both Shannon and Dublin to JFK in November - i.e. two aircraft one leaving Shannon at 08.55 and one leaving Dublin at 09.00.

I flew 9am DUB-JFK flt. last week on Delta and there was no stop-over in Shannon

S

Back