Best vacuum cleaner for pet hair

I would highly recomend up-right Dyson. It has a rotating brush and a brush attachment for upholstery / difficult to reach areas. Our golden lab sheds so much hair that I could probably stuff a medium sized cushion every day.

Will try Miele though when Dyson dies

I've ordered the handheld Dyson Animal, so will keep people posted. My Dirt Devil was seriously frustrating me this morning, it has a motorized end but the suction is next to nil. If anyone is looking to purchase it I'd suggest they don't.

We have a white Samoyed and he destroys the place. Bought the Miele Cat and dog, its brilliant, would highly recommend.

Had my Dyson a few weeks now and I gotta say its brilliant. The suction is almost as good as my upright cleaner and it does a great job. I highly recommend it!

Has to be the henry... I have mine about 10 years and still going strong.. can't see a dyson lasting that distance!

hi,

however we have a really cheap carpet sweeper (around 15 euro in argos) and it's great at picking up the hairs. we usuually give a run over with the carpet sweeper on areas that the vacum cleaner failed on.

maybe a short term solution....

Hi, Janeom. I am looking for a non-electric carpet cleaner, do you still recommend the Argos special?