Best used supermini/hatchback for about 6-7K?

Lulu123

Need a runaround with a good sized boot i.e. bigger than the VW Polo.
I live and work in the city so dont too much mileage but would like a nice looking car that is both reliable and economical. Anyone got any suggestions?

Audi A3 the cars are bullet proof. Had one for years before trading in for A4

No, you won't.

Supermini with a big boot can be a tall order but the Mazda 2 & Ford Fiesta both have reasonable sized boots as does the Skoda Fabia.

IMO the Fiesta would be the best looking of the 3 but all three should provide good economy and be reasonably reliable - especially the Mazda.

Need a runaround with a good sized boot i.e. bigger than the VW Polo.
I live and work in the city so dont too much mileage but would like a nice looking car that is both reliable and economical. Anyone got any suggestions?

I know you said hatchback but you can get a polo saloon.

How about a Seat Ibiza? 7k would just about get you into an '03 and the boot is a useable size.

Hi

I know a few people who had Seat Ibiza's - all spoke very very highly of them.

Co-incidently, they were all 1.4ltre engines and red !

(although there was a 1.9ltre rally verious in lime green which use to look pretty cool ;))

The Polo like all VW's is generally overpriced and overrated, they are built solid but are definately not reliable. I would recommend the Skoda Fabia, it's based on the same platform as the Polo and Ibiza and is arguably the best out of the trio. If you want a bigger boot they are also availible in saloon and estate and they also have quite a spacious interior. Used prices for the Fabia are alot more realistic than the Polo and the Yaris, you could get an '02-03 for easily within budget.

Hi

I know a few people who had Seat Ibiza's - all spoke very very highly of them.

Co-incidently, they were all 1.4ltre engines and red !

(although there was a 1.9ltre rally verious in lime green which use to look pretty cool ;))

Thought that was the 2.0 Cupra.

Yeah think you are right. AFAIK the biggest engine the Ibiza has had is a 1.4L. But there is a nice 'sport' version of this with 100 bhp.

No I meant the 2.0 GTI of the Ibiza is the Ibiza Cupra. Theres a few version of it, one with the 1.8T engine etc. Anyway its off topic for this thread so sorry for that.

The Polo like all VW's is generally overpriced and overrated, they are built solid but are definately not reliable. I would recommend the Skoda Fabia, it's based on the same platform as the Polo and Ibiza and is arguably the best out of the trio. If you want a bigger boot they are also availible in saloon and estate and they also have quite a spacious interior. Used prices for the Fabia are alot more realistic than the Polo and the Yaris, you could get an '02-03 for easily within budget.

I bought a 03 Fabia estate a few months ago for run around stuff, but wanted a bit more space than the usual fiesta/corsa etc. 1.4l with 47k miles for 7k, with a 12 month warranty.... You can't do much better than that. A 7k 1.4l Polo would probably be a 01 with 60k on the clock. If you don't care about badges it's hard to argue against the Fabia...

Thanks for all your suggestions, looked at the new model Fiesta and while it looks like a great car the boot made me realise i need to bite the bullet and go for a family car. Looking at the Skoda Octavia now. Can only imagine the dents it will get as i have always been used to small cars!

thanks again.

Back