Best Tyres for 08 Mondeo

Ned_ie

Hi all

I have an 08 1.8dsl Mondeo. I do big enough milage. Have 120k on clock at the minute. However, my problem is the car seems to be melting the tyres on me! I am only getting between 12k an 15k off each set. I have tried Continentals and Mitcelin and Pirelli.

Anyone know of something I might get a bit longer out of?

Thanks folks

A

Get the alignment looked at, and also the bushings on the rear sub frame. I swap the tyres from the rear to the front after about 7k. The front wear alot faster.
Tyres wise, I currently have Falken 452's on my Mondeo. They are about the best budget tyre for the money. If you require new tyres I get mine sent from www.camskill.co.uk, price & delivery is reasonable, and have them fitted locally.

Have the alignment looked at every time I get hte new tyres. Have also gotten it done inbetween tyres to see if that makes a difference but no good.

[FONT=&quot]Have the alignment checked but I don’t think that would make your tyres appear to melt away, rather tear the inside or the outside of them if Alignment was off but worth checking. I think the tires you’re using are maybe not designed for long journey big mileage driving. maybe the tires are a soft compound tire which heat up too much on a long journey and don’t last very long. Try Nankangs, they are a well known long lasting tire, Iv used them on our jeeps and vans which do massive miles around Ireland and I’m pleased with the wear times[/FONT]

Last edited:
this is not unusual in new mondeos but yours is very bad, do a google and I would even contact ford, that should be still under guarantee. you should get 40k from rears and at least 16-18 from fronts but fronts can be governed by driving style.

noah

Back