Best toll tag for an occasional user

Dr Strangelove

What's the best toll tag provider for me? I'm not a heavy user.

I use M50 maybe 15 times a year, and would do two intercity round trips (Dublin to Cork or Galway) .

What's the best toll tag provider for me? I'm not a heavy user.

I use M50 maybe 15 times a year, and would do two intercity round trips (Dublin to Cork or Galway) .
Parkmagic is pay as you go provider with no rental fee for the tag. So you have convenient of the tag . They charge 10% of the toll payed a fee. You get the reduced rates on M50. Added bonus they provider eparking services for alot of towns and councils public parking so logging into the different apps with you same username and password you can use the same credit. I use in mayo and limerick city.

Also a parkmagic user for the last 7/8 years. Never any issues with it. Works on all motorway and N route tolls incl M50, Dublin Port Tunnel and Eastlink. It’s prepay so they debit your credit card/bank account €20 at a time. Detailed online transaction history available, useful if you can recharge some/all toll charges. No problem recommending it.

eflow has worked well for me.

worked on all tolls no problem except the express lane down at limerick a few months ago.
Worked fine on the ordinary lane, never queried so don't know why.

I use Easytrip - there is a fixed fee of € 1.08 a month. Works on on tolls including Express lanes

Thanks for all the replies.

I will go with Parkmagic on a pay as you go basis. I see they have a few car parks I sometimes use as well which is handy.

I’m a parkmagic customer too. My spouse and I have a shared account - so 2 tags on the one account. I use it more than him at the moment, would use it most weekends on the Eastlink or Westlink or both.
There is a top up fee of €1 per transaction.
As far as I recall, I used to top up by €20, until I discovered the top up fee. At the time I was told I could avoid the fee if I topped up by more than €40. So I currently top up by €41 at a time. But it seems the top up fee applies to everyone now. I’ll leave my top up amount at €41. But if you’re trying to minimise fees you could set a higher top up amount.

I use Easytrip - there is a fixed fee of € 1.08 a month. Works on on tolls including Express lanes
From past experience, I would not recommend Easytrip. They were a nightmare to deal with when trying to close the account, took ~6 months of constant hounding and billing continued ~3 months post account closure.

Back