Best site for USA hotels? Recommendations for hotels in San Francisco and Las Vegas?

pumpkin81

Hi There,

Can anyone recommend a good online hotel booking company with the best rates for USA hotel rooms?

Am off to San Francisco and Las Vegas in April '09 and looking for hotel recommendations in both. Approx. 4 days in each city so want to stay close to the action.

Thanks in advance,

Pumpkin81.

Re: Best site for USA hotels? Recommendations for hotels in San Francisco and Las Ve

You don't mention budget, a big issue when looking for recommendations. The previous poster gives examples at both ends of the spectrum - Circus Circus is cheap and not to everyone's taste. The Mandalay Bay is much classier.

In Vegas you can get 4/5 star hotels for not much more than a B&B here so treat yourself. I love the Venetian. For something more centre strip Paris is nice.

I would suggest avoiding the MGM Grand as with thousands of rooms it can take half an hour to get to the street from your room.

Personally I use for most US hotel bookings. I research the cities I visit and never choose below 4 star. The hotels are usually identifiable using www.betterbidding.com so there's very little risk. You pay before the hotel is revealed so it's a slight gamble but not much.

San Fran, we stay with family so can't help there I'm afraid.

Re: Best site for USA hotels? Recommendations for hotels in San Francisco and Las Ve

Re San Fran, if it's your first visit I'd aim to stay somewhere in Fishersman Wharf which is v close to everything touristy, and cable cars run from there to Union Square/Chinatown etc. There are lots of the usual chains in Fisherman's Wharf area, Holiday Inn, Marriott etc, but if you want luxury then The Fairmont is the best you'll get.

Re Vegas, depending on budget - Excalibur (v reasonable) Luxor (mid-range) but again for proper luxury can't beat the Bellagio which is more mid-strip.

Have a great trip, two fab cities and perfect to do together!

I would highly recommend The Venetian. Its class. If you are splashing out, try the Rialto Suite. Its just amazing. There was a good few of us so it worked out cheaper than normal. I dont know how old you are but check out Tao Beach in the Venetian. Its a pool with a difference, really lively and great craic. Although if you want a sunbed you have to have a minimum spend at the bar. I really liked it and had a great time there with the people I went with. Treasure Island is also good value and its located better than the cheaper hotels. Research loads before you book. Check the promotions link on the hotels website. In Treasure Island we got penthouse for two nights for $89 each night, with meal vouchers etc and also $20 gambling credit. Not bad.

I've seen hotwire prices but rarely book with them. Some of the deals look great though.

Hi

I have spent months researching hotels etc for my trip to san fran and vegas and i have so far booked direct flights from Dublin to San Fran - then booked san fran to vegas with united vacations.com - staying in The Venetian for four nights (its a flight and hotel package) fly back to san fran , stay three nights in Chancellor Hotel , Union Square , then fly home direct to dublin, if you email the hotels direct you will get a cheaper rate then booking directly off their website.

Many thanks for all the hints and tips folks. Have a bit of breathing space between now and April so will keep an eye out for bargains on suggested hotels. Cheers :)

Hi there

I stayed in donatello hotel in san francisco. It is 1 min walk to center. So if you get a deal here I would recommend you staying here.

www.shellhospitality.com/hotels/donatello_hotel/

Back