Best rate for flexible business deposits

callybags

I have checked the "Best Buy" posts for deposits but it is not clear if the rates would apply to a limited company.

Northern Rock or Rabo seem to have the best rates for a "no notice" account but does anyone know if they are for personal accounts only?

Thanks

Neither, Northern Rock nor Rabo have the best buys rates for personal variable deposits. The best buy variable rates are here.

Best for amounts from €1 to €20,000

3.75% up to €20,000
2.50% from €20,000 with no maximum

Best for amounts from €20,000 to €2,000,000

[broken link removed] (Discuss)
3.30% on €2,000 minimum to €2m maximum.

I am not certain who has the best rate for business deposits.

AIB have a business Access Deposit offering 2.5% on amounts up to €100,000, with 30 days notice, 2.5% above €100,000.
NIB will accept business deposits into their e save at 3%
I've been told BOI will pay 3% with 20 days notice, but cannot see this on their website.

AIB have a business Access Deposit offering 2.5% on amounts up to €100,000, with 30 days notice, 2.5% above €100,000.

Nope, AIB pay 2.01% for up to 100,000 EUR with this business account.

NIB will accept business deposits into their e save at 3%

Nope, the NIB eSaver Business pays 2.50% ...
[broken link removed]

I've been told BOI will pay 3% with 20 days notice, but cannot see this on their website.

That is well above all other BOI rates, I have never heard of it and doubt it exists.

Sorry, that was a slip on the "AIB under €100,000" rate.
Still, at least I'm trying. Rates are so low at the moment, then DIRT is so high , it's hard to find any return. Businesses may not look around for a better rate if they think they have to accept interest of less than 1%.

Thanks folks for your imput.

We're with Anglo at the moment getting .4% so time to shop around.

I couldn't find the business account mentioned from AIB. On the AIB website the deposit rates are accurate as of 18th August 2009! A lot has changed since then. All of the bank websites are very poor at advertising their business rates. I'm surprised that nobody has published a matrix of business deposit rates from all the banks. Any takers? The newspapers publish comparison rates for personal deposit rates.
I am looking for a fixed term deposit account for a surplus (300k+) that we have and would be happy enough to leave on deposit for a year or over. Would anyone like to recommend anything?
What about other investments? I don't understand bonds, securities etc. Any advice (or link to advice site) would be appreciated. We have some cash already on account with the AIB portfolio and Rabo so would like to spread it around a bit.
Thanks
Marty

Last edited by a moderator:
The AIB product Access Deposit 30 (30 days' notice) is listed here:[broken link removed]. Agreed that AIB are poor at updating their website.

I think INBS offer the highest 1 year term deposit rate for business customers.

You would earn 3% with a 300,000 EUR 1 year term deposit with INBS.

and
3 Months 2.75% - 2.80%
6 Months 2.80%
1 Year 2.80% - 3.00%
2 years 3.49% ** Best 2 year rate **
Note 1: €20,000 minimum for all except the 3.00% 1 year term deposit rate and 2.80% 3 months term deposit rate where the minimum is €100,000.
Note 2: This INBS product is open to resident, non resident, personal and business customers.

Alternatively ring Investec and see what they will offer for a business 1 year term deposit. They offer 3.60% for a personal 1 year term deposit but do not publish their business rates.

The savings rates comparisons in the newspapers are generally poorly researched and poorly put together.

I will give some thought to a business rates best buy thread, however there has not been much demand for such a business rate comparison in the past. The other issue is that business deposit rates are not published as openly as personal deposits by many banks.

Back