best place to sell things

mumof3angels

Hi all,

I closed my childrens shop down about 3 weeks ago. I have quite a lot of things letf over that did not sell of like timber kids hangers and sloped ball arms, clothes, toys etc where would be the best place to try and sell some of these things

I dont want to give them away ( about 40,000 thousand owed to banks...and then some !!!)

I put the hangers in the buy and sell for 50c each and the sloping ball arms for €1 and the 4x4 slatted walls for €20. Does that sound like too little or too much ????

As for the clothes ... boot sale ?? ebay ??

Any advice gratefully appreciated

Really sorry your business closed down. Personally I try to buy in local shops for that sort of thing (I hope u arent my local recently opened shop that i LOVE) A lot of people i know buy baby/kids clothes on ebay but I guess you'd have to check out sellers fees etc.

I would try ebay, its hard work to list and stuff, plus they take a percentage, but its good at the end of the day, I sell on ebay and enjoy it most of the time!

What part of the country are you based in ?? I knowp plenty of people including myself who buy kids toys and clothes at a good price.
I know a local market where you could go if you were really able to spend a few hours on a sunday that you would sell an awful lot of it .

hi all thanks for the advice I will look into them all. Heretohelp- I live in limerick (county) is that any where near that market as I would like to go to one.

What about a "baby clothes" house party - along the lines of the old tupperware parties? Might sell some clothes and lift the spirits at the same time?!

If you had customers details you could text them, and have a few days selling stuff from your house? I just got a text from a lady who sells children's clothes from a catalogue selling last years samples, got some excellent value.

why not sell them on to another kids shop at a discounted price if your looking to get rid of them quick like.

Back