best place for 56k

jigsaw

hi everyone, i just thought i would ask your advice on what do do with my 56k savings. i currently have it in anglo's 4.5% 30 day deposit account. here is what im thinking of doing:

putting 30k into their new 5% 1 year fixed rate saver and leave the other 26K in my 4.5% deposit account and drip feed 1K per month into their 7% regular saver for the 2 year term. how does this seem?

i know there are banks out there offering slightly better rates but anglo seem to have really good customer service and it would be so much easier to have all of my money in the one bank as i wouldnt have to send all of the documentation in as you do when you open a new account with a new bank.

what do you think?

thanks in advance

jigsaw

See the Financial Best Buys forum lists for details of the highest rate demand and term lump sum and regular saver deposit accounts. You may need to mix and match several of these from different institutions to get the best overall interest returns. As above pay attention to the terms & conditions and, in particular, rate guarantees and restrictions on access. Also bear in mind that at the moment there are some readjustments going on with the rates on offer.

Back