Best pay as you go package?

aoc

i'm 087, ex is 086..... want to get a phone for my daughter... what would be option be? want to have a data bundle or something similar also...
she would be more of a texter than a talker (aren't all teenager the same where parents are concerned!!)

that's great! thanks a mill..... obv looking for best & least expensive option....

You probably need to take her friends mobile providers into account rather than both you and ex as their usage is usually there rather than parents. You may be able to get her to use web texts also if she uses the computer a bit and these would be free.

A lot of the kids seem to be on 085.

yes... had thought of that too... going to get her to check.

she's 085 at the mo, but i want to see if its the best to stay on, no data at the moment tho...

If you switch your numbers all onto the one network say meteor even though you keep your 086 087 it will be a lot cheaper for you particularly with children on it

i have a work phone and ex. says he won't change his network (obv just to be awkward!!), so that's not an option i'm afraid...

was thinking 087 with data - then she can txt him to call her... simple in theory i think ??

I would try find out what network the bulk of her friends are on as she will spend more time and money texting and talking with them rather than the say 5 or 6 ?? times a week she may text him, then maybe switch yours onto the network she is on

i can't change mine... as its a work phone. so i'm on vodafone.

most offer an option of unlimited texts to ny network as far as i can see???
just want some data also...

Cheapest data option on ready-to-go is meteor. €5 a month. The rest are all 9.99 or 99c per day for 50mb.

to update :)
rang meteor - they offered 1gb data, 200 mins & 200 txts to ny network and unlimited txts to 085 numbers for € 15 a month - thought this was great value. its not a bill but u pay it every month, month to month contract i suppose it is, but can cancel at any stage with 1 month's notice
checked her friends numbers 99% are 085

now i need to pick a phone, i had looked at vodafone smartphone.. is there something similar that i can get???? want her to be able to put app's on etc (obv not getting an iphone), something less thatn €100

Wife is with 3mobile €20 a month top up, 3000 texts a month, 3000 any network (inc landlines) weekend minutes per month and 15GB data per month.

for her it means unlimited texting, internet and weekend calls. the odd weekday call comes out of her 20 euro top up, she also gets a promotional 10 euro free credit per month.

[broken link removed]

to update :)
rang meteor - they offered 1gb data, 200 mins & 200 txts to ny network and unlimited txts to 085 numbers for € 15 a month - thought this was great value. its not a bill but u pay it every month, month to month contract i suppose it is, but can cancel at any stage with 1 month's notice
checked her friends numbers 99% are 085

Yeah, it is listed as a best value buy in the best buy thread here.

now i need to pick a phone, i had looked at vodafone smartphone.. is there something similar that i can get???? want her to be able to put app's on etc (obv not getting an iphone), something less thatn €100

Do you want to get the phone on bill pay? I mean, do you want a subsidised phoned? If so, you will need to switch away from the sim only package.

Wife is with 3mobile €20 a month top up, 3000 texts a month, 3000 any network (inc landlines) weekend minutes per month and 15GB data per month.

for her it means unlimited texting, internet and weekend calls. the odd weekday call comes out of her 20 euro top up, she also gets a promotional 10 euro free credit per month.

[broken link removed]

Yeah, it is a great value package and it is listed top of the

was just going to buy a ready to go phone.... mini galaxy on offer for €100.
don't want to get into bill situation....

ye... i dunno. my brother and sister have the galaxy and think they are fab. I have an iphone - permanently charging... esp if you are a texter or on fbook etc... but i love it!

it would be off all day in school, so battery life issue would be fine in this instance...
batteries are not what they used to be imo.....

Last edited:
Back