Best Irish sporting achiever EVER

I really have to let off steam.:mad: Eamon Coghlan asked just now on RTE who was the best, Bolt or Bekele? Undoubtedly Bekele, sure Bolt only ran 100 and 200 while Bekele ran 5000 and 10,000.:(

I really have to let off steam.:mad: Eamon Coghlan asked just now on RTE who was the best, Bolt or Bekele? Undoubtedly Bekele, sure Bolt only ran 100 and 200 while Bekele ran 5000 and 10,000.:(

I dont know the answer to this but did Bekele win the race by 500m or 1k over 2nd place, were they both world records?

Bolt was at least 10m clear in his 100m and to be 10m clear in such a short even is absolutely, insanely, ridiculously, superior running to the 2nd best of the best in the world.

If the answer is no to one or both of these then I would say Bolt also.

Again, how do you answer that? By using your logic, the marathon winner is a better athlete than Bekele. Bolt would destroy Bekele over 100-400 metres. Bekele would destroy Bolt over longer distances. Both are superb athletes who lit up my olympics and certainly Bolt managed something that I thought wouldn't happen after all the recent drug cases. He got me excited about the 100m. Also remember the 200m world record was considered untouchable by many. Both will probably go down as all time greats so was a privilage to watch them.

Again, how do you answer that? By using your logic, the marathon winner is a better athlete than Bekele. Bolt would destroy Bekele over 100-400 metres. Bekele would destroy Bolt over longer distances. Both are superb athletes who lit up my olympics and certainly Bolt managed something that I thought wouldn't happen after all the recent drug cases. He got me excited about the 100m. Also remember the 200m world record was considered untouchable by many. Both will probably go down as all time greats so was a privilage to watch them.
Oh no. You misunderstand, it was EC who answered "undoubtedly Bekele...". His logic, but them he was a middle distance runner. Such bullsh**. I think as the boy monkey has stated, the relative performance of Bolt vis a vis his peers and vis a vis the World surpassed Bekele, he has done best, even though I much more enjoyed watching all 15,000 metres of Bekele.

Oh no. You misunderstand, it was EC who answered "undoubtedly Bekele...". His logic, but them he was a middle distance runner. Such bullsh**. I think as the boy monkey has stated, the relative performance of Bolt vis a vis his peers and vis a vis the World surpassed Bekele, he has done best, even though I much more enjoyed watching all 15,000 metres of Bekele.

Oh Sorry. I totally agree with you.

Back