Best independent financial advisor euro 200k

I would highly recommend an advisor based in the AIB Bank in Lucan, Co Dublin. the advisor meets you by appointment only for a free one hour consultation before making suitable recommendations. linked to Irish Life, well worth a visit as this person is very highly qualified and excellent at their job. Give them a call, I found it well worth a visit and its free!

I would highly recommend an advisor based in the AIB Bank in Lucan, Co Dublin. the advisor meets you by appointment only for a free one hour consultation before making suitable recommendations. linked to Irish Life, well worth a visit as this person is very highly qualified and excellent at their job. Give them a call, I found it well worth a visit and its free!

Wow, I cannot believe there are still customers of the banks who believe a tied agent of Irish Life employed by the bank to sell Irish Life only products will provide the best independent advice, ignore this comment and seek out a fee based non tied financial advisor in your local area, almost all are similarly qualified and if they recommend an Irish Life product then it will be because that is the right product for you and not the only one available to choose with any tied agent such as the one recommended by this poster.

Totally disregard this. Worst advice ever. OP specifically stated "independent". How can you then recommended a tied agent of Irish Life?! Its free advice as it'll be completely biased advice.

It always makes me smile a little when it is automatically presumed that a broker is 'independent'. At least a tied agent has to state that they are just that, my experience points to a broker having agencies with a number of providers, yet when making recommendations most seem to be directed to one life company? Something to do with increased broker commissions for volume of business sent to this one provider, surely not!!!!

Another experience I have is as follows, I go through the same charade with a large Dublin based broker each August around my home insurance renewal. I get my annual renewal fee, accompanied by a letter stating that as 'my broker' they have searched the market and found the best deal for me, which is lets say X. I then call them and say I have called a financial advisor (I never bother to by the way) and they have given me a quote of X less 35% typically. As if by magic, 'my broker' can then match this figure. Its laughable .....

Independent advice - good luck!

The Central Bank definition of independent is that you offer fee or commission. Under Mifid 2 legislation that will come into force in a few years, it will be fee only.

Most people consider independent to be to look at the entire market, which is never done because the entire market is too big and there are too many small players at there. What they will do is do a fair analysis of the market for you, looking at the main players for you to find what is best to suit your situation.

when making recommendations most seem to be directed to one life company

For some products, I use the same company all the time. The reason? Their product is the best in the market. I read the terms & conditions of the products in the market and know the sneaky bits. If the best product isn't the cheapest, I will also show them the price of the cheapest and let them make their own decision.

Back to the OP, you can drop me an email at [email protected] or call me at 01 485 3305 if you want to make an appointment to see me. The first meeting is at my expense, so if I can't help you, it won't cost you anything.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Back