Health Insurance best health insurance for family total cost 1600?

Bolter

Hi
I have a budget of 1600 for health insurance now that it's due for renewal. . That's two adults and 4 kids under 12. Both adults over 40 with no health issues at present. Any ideas? I don't mind paying gp bills but mainly want cover for hospital and cardiac and private cover for hubby as there were cardiac issues in his family (he has none)

leanbh,

Best Adult option; Laya Flex 500 Explore; price 661pa x 2; public,private and hi-tech hospital cover, 500 excess on private or hi-tech admission. Day case private or hi-tech 150. No excess in public hospitals. No day to day cover.

Best Children's option; Laya Flex 125 Explore; price 269pa; just pay for one child and the rest are free. Public,private and hi-tech hospital cover,
125 excess on private or hi-tech admission. Day case private or hi-tech 50. No day to day cover.

[broken link removed]

Total family price; 661 + 661 + 269 = 1591
3% charge applies if you pay by installments; 1591 + 48 = 1639pa

Regards, Snowyb

Hi snowyb,

I am currently on that combination (2 adults, Laya Flex 500 Explore) and 3 children (Laya Flex 125 Explore) with the renewal date coming up on May 1st. I'm being charged for all 3 children on the renewal notice. Is the "pay for one child and the rest are free" an offer that's expiring on April 30th?

Hi snowyb,

I am currently on that combination (2 adults, Laya Flex 500 Explore) and 3 children (Laya Flex 125 Explore) with the renewal date coming up on May 1st. I'm being charged for all 3 children on the renewal notice. Is the "pay for one child and the rest are free" an offer that's expiring on April 30th?

Just saw a post from you on another thread saying that it's a special offer expiring on April 30th.

Do you know if it possible to do anything between now and April 30th to avail of this?

polaris,

Its worth a try, asking to change renewal date to a few days earlier than 1 May 2016(Sunday), to avail of the children's offer. Laya are fairly ok in allowing this kind of flexibility, people on this site did it many times to avail of certain offers.

Snowyb

polaris,

Its worth a try, asking to change renewal date to a few days earlier than 1 May 2016(Sunday), to avail of the children's offer. Laya are fairly ok in allowing this kind of flexibility, people on this site did it many times to avail of certain offers.

Snowyb

Gave them a call as you suggested and they moved the renewal date back to April 30th to allow me avail of this offer which saves me €540.

Thanks for your help!

Back