Best current account for someone travelling

C

cciccicci

Hi everybody!
I'm going travelling soon and I wasn't very complicate with my account, till I found that BoI has very high fees for extractions abroad and weird limits (plus new fees!) that will make everything complicated. Considering Im going for a long period of time, I have to find a solution for this. So my options are AIB or.... ?? Does anyone know what would be the best bank for someone travelling long term (Asia-Southamerica). I was planning to leave a little money in the bank and travel with traveller cheques (I know, old fashion, but for really long trips I always find it more secure and there's no hassle trying to contact your bank from the other side of the ocean!). By the way, does anyone knows where traveller cheques may be issue in Ireland?

basically, can anyone give any feedback on AIB accounts when travelling? Would you recommend any other bank? What Im looking for is a good internet structure, low fees when using atm abroad, decent exchange of money...

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated!!

There is only one bank in existence with €-denominated accounts that have no fees for foreign currency withdrawals at ATMs abroad, and it's not in Ireland. See this wiki page.

Back