Best credit card for Balance transfers?

P

Purdey

Hi
Am new here, and am sorry if this is a repeated topic. I have looked at the best buys topic for CC's but the info seems to be a bit old.

I am wondering what is the best deal for balance transfers on CC's at the moment, want to transfer a balance of about 4k total from 2 cards to 1. Also, would be handy to be able to view purchases / payments online?

I have a BOI mastercard and a tesco visa.

Thanks
Purdey

a word of advice - i am in the process of changing, have only a small balance but want to pay it over a few months, so decided to go with Halifax... however, our cr card is with AIB and my hub is the main cardholder. I did not read all the small print (very bad really !!) but I applied for the card and got approval and when i called to transfer the balance i was informed that only the main card holder can do that and that the card has to be in his name with me as a named card holder - me thinks a bit stupid, but i'm sure there is a logical explanation!!

BOI are offering at good rate a the moment aswell.
Halifax give you 0% interest on balance transfers for the first 6 months

Hi
Thanks everyone for your replies. Clubman, I will take a look at that site now. I had a quick look at all the cards and have applied for a First Active (Mastercard i think) They are giving 0% on balance transfers for 9 months. I'm adamant this time it's getting cleared and i'm going to give the card to my DH so i won't use it! :eek:)

Thanks again
Purdey

Back