best cordless phone

D

davelerave

what's the best cordless out there.i'm looking for good range,speakerphone ,good screen and easy dialling from phonebook.

Got cheapo Binatones in Argus last year and wouldn't recommend them. They do the basic job, but only just.

As I mention here we have the Eircom 4012 and find it great for calls/texting also. Some people feel that they are too expenisve though but considering the last phone lasted 20 years we were due a replacement eircom[/i]%20digital%20cordless%20phones]Eircom Cordless Phones

There's a very good phone shop in Capel St. and I just cannot think of the name at the moment (bugging me) and they are very helpful - Clubman has given them a recommendation a couple of times also. I will post back with the name after I have oiled the slowwwwwwwwwwwwww brain - now where did I leave the WD40 ........

thanks for the info.i already happened to look at the 4012 on the eircom website.can't see much need of texting when i get free texts on the mobile(eircom rate 10c /text) or vibrating alert as the house phone wouldn't be in my pocket(unless the kids are trying to break it).hows the speakerphone and the speed dial on that model i wonder?

Hi Dave,

Remembered the name of that helpful shop, mind you not until about 12oc last night - 5 hours :eek:

Diagem Electronics, Ph 8722744. They should be able to give you all the info.

I have only used the speakerphone when I hit it accidentally so not too sure about that aspect. It certainly worked for me to hear the caller but as far as I can recall unless I was standing directly in front of the phone they could not hear me. Does that make sense?

Never bother setting up speed dial on either home phone/mobile - too lazy - which is a contradiction in itself!

The Caller List stores the last 30 incoming calls which is handy.

We have the 4012 and 4012a (upstairs).

after poor experience with various 'no brand' or 'low brand' cordless phones we settled on Siemens and last Christmas we bought 3 of the digital cordless ones with the Eircom badge on for presents. We found it excellent,if a bit expensive at $150. It can send and recieve texts and has a speaker phone facility it also has a voice tag feature. Some of the Binatones from argus sound like your in a tank I woulnt touch them.
ajapale

phone

same here.after buying various phones i'm looking for a top brand this time ,it will mean less money wasted on unneccessary mobile calls i hope

Back