Best car valet in Dublin?

Does anyone else find it strange that there are so many posts recommending valets from new posters with 1 or 2 posts?

I thought so too .... someone posting their first post highly recomending a valet company and even throwing in the phone number is highly suspicious.

Last edited:
Does anyone else find it strange that there are so many posts recommending valets from new posters with 1 or 2 posts?

:D

I was just going to post the same comment.

Don't think I'd trust my car to someone based on a recommendation from a stranger and a mobile #.

Then again, I'm just paranoid.

:eek:

Johni, I used MCV to valet my car in County Cork. They're a mobile outfit and have come to my home in Douglas and work in Kinsale for a 3 series and Saab 9-3. They're around €120 for a full valet. Okay job. Reasonable enough price considering they come to your door.

http://www.mcv.ie/corkeast/index.htm

suds n stuff .they are fab.they even come to your home and do your car.takes about 2 hours .end result is excellant.costs 80-120 euro.

I cant vouch for Shine Express as they let me down badly and did not show up.Got an excellent job done by the lads in Nutgrove Shopping Center at short notice.

I advocate people valeting their own car in these recessionary times. Paying someone over E100 to wash and clean a car is absoultely ludicrous. I was guilty myself once of employing their services but now do it myself..and do a much better job as well!

I cant vouch for Shine Express as they let me down badly and did not show up.Got an excellent job done by the lads in Nutgrove Shopping Center at short notice.

I get my car washed at Nutgrove with the Eco Car Wash, I find it fantastic and last week I got the inside done and vacuumed as well. outside was is 10e and the wash and interior was 35.oo.

But I also used a place on the canal near Harolds Cross Bridge, it used to be a petrol station and got a wash vac and the tyres done and it was 25eu and they were fantastic also

I get my car washed at Nutgrove with the Eco Car Wash, I find it fantastic and last week I got the inside done and vacuumed as well. outside was is 10e and the wash and interior was 35.oo.

But I also used a place on the canal near Harolds Cross Bridge, it used to be a petrol station and got a wash vac and the tyres done and it was 25eu and they were fantastic also

I almost forgot I got a diamond valet from a place in Donnybrook that was recommended to me. In where the Topaz Petrol station is a guy called Colm runs it but I cant remember the name of the place but it will come to me. The guy was sound and knew his stuff about cars and he was able to advise me on a few things. Anyway the diamond valet was FANTASTIC, type of thing you would get done now and again but I havent tried the other two for full valets but certainly recommend this donnybrook place. I got a deal too, it was over 100eu as far as I remember but worth every penny.

I had an unbelievably good valet done on my car last weekend. My car now looks amazing, inside and out. And the person who did it....myself! Total cost of materials required 20 euro. Will get 3 more valets out of this.

In the kind of downturn that we are experiencing in our economy, I am amazed that people are still paying others to do this kind of job.

For health reasons I am unable to give my car what I would describe as a good clean. I used Stephan Car Valeting [broken link removed]) recently, and would definitely recommend him on the basis of the standard of work done. For 40 euro, the car was cleaned inside and out-outside my own front door. He spent almost two hours working on it, and I would say the car has not been as clean since the day I bought it. No connection whatsoever to the business, just a happy customer.

ShineXpress = Terrible

Hi,

I got here google for ShineXpress so in case some people get there by googling for them, I would like to NOT recommend them.

Today I redeemed a Groupon "Car Valet: Mini (€22) or Standard (€32) Plus Autoglym Wax (€37) at ShineXpress (Up to 56% Off)" link: groupon.ie/deals/dealbank_en_ie/shinexpress-1/37682183?utm_source=awn&utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=130858

They didn't wash the seats, they said it wasn't included. The Groupon says interior shampoo and not even the floor of the car was shampooed.
Then they didn't wax the car properly or maybe at all, as I could not tell the difference from before.

But the worst is to come, they broke the front wiper! They kept saying it wasn't them but I am 100% sure my wiper was fine.

On the top of that the job they didn't is not even good....

Tags: ShineXpress valet groupon dublin 1 review

Back