Best Business Deposits? €1.5m approx

MsGinger

Hi All,

I have read through the best buys section but they all seem to be related to personal deposits.

Are there any good interest rates for business deposit accounts?

The deposit amount would be approximately €1.5m but would require probably 1-month access. The company is willing to spread across several accounts if this works out more beneficial.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Ginger

I started to look into this for a charity a while ago and came up with these initially - feel free to fill out with more.

AIB Access Deposit 30
€2m maximum.
DIRT exempt accounts are supported.

[broken link removed]
€10,000 minimum.
Guaranteed to be at least ECB-0.5%.
Explicitly cater for charities, including DIRT exempt accounts.
Online only.

[broken link removed]
€500 minimum.
Interest paid monthly. AAA rated.
Only available to for-profit businesses (i.e. not clubs or charities).
Online only. One user is nominated to control the account.

[broken link removed]

The deposit amount would be approximately €1.5m but would require probably 1-month access. The company is willing to spread across several accounts if this works out more beneficial.

One of the best rates best rate for business deposits is with Investec.

They offer 3.25%, no max. deposit and one months notice. This is linked on their website as both a personal and "corporate" account.

See [broken link removed]

Is there a better rate than 3.25% for business deposits?

One of the best rates best rate for business deposits is with Investec.

They offer 3.25%, no max. deposit and one months notice. This is linked on their website as both a personal and "corporate" account.

See [broken link removed]

Is there a better rate than 3.25% for business deposits?

For an amount of that size you should be able to negotiate a rate with your local bank manager or their dealing room. You might get a special deal which isn't product based.

AIB currently pay 3.25% for that amount on the a/c I linked to, with 30 days notice and guaranteed to be >= ECB + 1% until 30th June 2009.

AIB's deposits are currently guaranteed fully by the Irish state.

Euro personal deposits with Investec are guaranteed by the UK up to the equivalent of Stg£50,000 - I'm not sure if this guarantee applies to corporate deposits.

Anglo don't appear to publish their rates - I would expect them to be competitive.

Back