Best budgeting app?

Miakk

As the title says, anyone have any tips for good apps to track spending and budgeting?

There are a few free ones available from the App Store but not many with reviews.

I use MyFitnessPal for nutrition etc. so a similar principle for money would be ideal!

Hi mathepac, on occasion- I go through phases and my discipline in writing down spending lapses....I think the accessibility and analysis from an app would help me both keep better records and also review them more proactively

Along the same lines as ynab, 2 apps that are always on top of the best lists for a number of years are GoodBudget and mvelopes. Both have a monthly charge, but you can try them for free.
There's a great one in the US from Mint.com, but I understand there are problems with most of the banks here getting statements with enough data for it to work correctly. It's been a few years since I looked at it, so that might have changed.
If you're an AIB customer, the My Money Manager might be worth exploring - it saves the hassle of downloading statements to sync with another app, and it's free. I've used it for analysis of spending, but not bedgetting - I think there is a limit to the number of budgets you can create though.

Back