Best 4-wheel drive

But god it's one ugly car.

I don't think so. This is from someone who always drives a "hot hatch" type of car. I always thought about the Yeti..... do I like it or don't I....but after driving it for a couple of weeks I did not want to hand it back. Lovely car to drive and powered through the snow. I think the 2 wheel drive one has skinnier wheels, but the 4x4 had big chunky wheels which made it more solid looking.

Got a few comments while driving it....some loved it ....some hated it (one person text to say where is your lovely car gone when they saw it in the drive) but it ain't bland.

So much for 4X4's on ice - I drive a landrover Freelander jeep and I was always quite confident I was safe enough when it came to driving in icy conditions until this morning that is! I did a complete u-turn on the road where there must have been black ice - so much for traction control!
(P.S. My tyres were only replaced 3 weeks ago)

Were you in 2wd or 4wd when driving?
I am gueessing 2.

Had a similiar experience in a ranger worse because of zero weight over the drive wheels. Lucky there was no one around and I didn't hit anything. No need for bungee jump that morning. Took a moment to gather my thoughts.

This is where permanent AWD might be more useful.

The ranger had the second lever beside the gear lever for 2wd high 4wd high and 4wd low.

some vehicle have a button to switch betweeb 4wd and 2wd high only generally a light on the dash to indicate on or off.

Normally these things are 2wd rear only it is bad for the transfer box and gearbox to use 4wd on normal dry roads all the time.

With the ranger in 4wd high it felt like driving with brakes on. the fuel consumption at least doubled. Absolutley shocking even for a 2.5 diesel.

Back