Berlin for Paddys Day

I found the Pergamon museum fascinating - get the audio tour, interesting to hear the justifications used for "robbing" the locals of their artifacts.

We did a bike tour which I found really good, the main guide was an Irish guy who was very funny.

http://fattirebiketours.com/berlin

The number 100 bus that goes from Alexanderplatz brings you to all the major sites, it costs the same as a normal bus (there's no guide or audio, it's just a normal bus) make sure to validate your ticket, they don't really do excuses there.

Will try and look up a few other things we did there if I can find them.

I know Berlin people regard Cabaret in the same way Irish people think of The Quiet Man, but is there any nightlife even remotely resembling that portrayed in the film? Looking for something risque bit not too risque....

Plans changed now and now going to Berlin with my Father so no late drinking:( Anywho have organised a walking tour a trip to the dome in the Reichstag and possible a football match.

Anything else to do that I can take him to or would not be to taxing for him.

Cheers

I would suggest a boat trip on the river - very relaxing.

I know one such trip departs from the quayside by the bridge at the end of Unter den Linden.

there is an irish pub at the europe center which is very tourist. Staff is english / irish though. A very nice pub is Finnegan's Irish Pub or The Lir which is quite central.

Back