Benefit Stopped

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fluffy1

Can any help? I have a friend who keeps getting his benefit stopped. My understanding is that he presently receives Job seekers allowance. This has happened on a regular basis. I have not known anyone else have this amount of problems. They have said on these occasions that he is under investigation but on each occasion they have dropped the investigation. Not first without causing distress and some hardship.

Has anyone got advice on possible courses of action?

Thank you.

Has your friend got anyone who has a grudge against him? Sounds like Soc Welfare are following up on reports of this person working and claiming!

Certainly, what would bother me is that the payment is restored, then suspended again for seemingly, the same reasons.To keep suspending it every time he is 'under investigation' is unusual. Are you sure you're hearing the full story? and should he not be doing the enquiring here not you?

Tell him to request a copy of his file under the Feedom of Information Act. That should give him a good idea of whats going on.

Is it possible that he's not collecting his payment from the post office on time? Payments at Post Offices are returned by An Post to SW after a number of days, and the SW claim is then automatically suspended pending further investigation.

Fluffy-One..."my friend" is it yeah? Your' post was on what day & date? Exactly.
If I'm wrong, you should get your' friend to fight his' battles himself shurely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back