Beneficary Entitlement Rights

RunWithWolves

Hi,
My grandmother passed away a number of years ago. My mother was listed as a beneficary on the will at the time. There was property bought at the time out of the estate funds and the remaining money divided between siblings. My mother has passed away in recent years and the property bought out of the estate was sold this year by the executor. All other beneficiaries listed on the original will received a share of the sale of the property. I asked the executor who about my mother's share and she said my mother ( now deceased)or myself and my siblings are not entitled to anything. Executor refuses to engage in civil communication on the matter. Can anyone offer some guidance on the matter? I am trying to obtain a copy of the original will at the minute as 2 solicitors I contacted both said they would need to see the will. Also what happens if I cannot get a copy of the will?
Thanks

Until you can get a copy of the will, there is not a lot you can do

Have you checked the Probate Office?

There's a form you complete and payment of an admin fee (its not much). Post it in to the Probate office & get a copy of the will.

I am really sorry to hear about this. My mother in law and sister in law passed away within a few months of each other. My mother in law left everything equally to her children, but probate etc still had not been completed by the time my sister in law passed away. It was all very straightforward, the solicitor dealing with my sister in law’s estate was told she was due an inheritance and they just waited for that to come in before dealing with my sister in laws affairs. If there is a solicitor dealing with your grandmothers estate they will ensure it is all done correctly. If the executor is acting alone then you may not be able to see the will until probate is granted.

Back