Bellinter House - Any Views ?

fatmanknows

Anybody been to Bellinter House Yet ? Looking to book it for a couple of nights for the beginning of November. Called twice but only got a phone answering service.

Anyone been to a wedding or party at Bellinter House ? If so would love some feedback.

We had our Christmas party there and had no complaints. The surroundings are amazing as are the rooms inside (beautiful drawing room and amazinf bedrooms). No complaints about the food either - really really good.

my brother and his wife had a terrible customer service experience there a few months ago - apparently it was a comedy of errors. (but not so funny if you know what i mean)

also, a colleague got stung with their cancellation policy so be careful of that.

it does look beautiful though and they may just have been teething problems.

Thansk for the feedback

Merrion - do you know what the Xmas party cost & roughly how many people attended ??

Highly - Could you expand on the "comedy" of errors

sorry - i should have expanded. The room wasn't ready when they arrived (after the check in time), then they got the wrong room, the service was bad during the meal and the bill was wrong at the end. they just felt that the overall experience was very bad considering the money that they were paying. however, they did say that it was a beautiful place - they just had a rotten experience.

Wasn't there for a party, but stayed for a night last year.

We found the experience disappointing and expensive. Came away feeling that management had a deal to learn about running a house/hotel and that the place looked great but was lacking on some of the basics such as heating and functionality e.g. room was cold, couldn't get tv to work, couldn't find plugs for hairdryer (and when we did they were out of range for the mirror so Mrs M was not pleased).

As the evening came on the main house was quite cold and drafty and no-one had turned on the lights so it was basically getting dark and wasn't cozy as it could have been.

Reviews on Tripadvisor seem to get better as time goes on so perhaps our experience indicates that there were teething problems which have been addressed.

For a group party it could well be a great location as it would be nice and intimate for a gang of friends. Having said that, judging by my short stay, if I was going to spend my money on a night away, I wouldn't be heading back there. There are plenty of other places around the country offering a more polished experience, imho.

Back