Belgard solicitors sending letters to old address

Scjbm470

Belgard solicitors have been sending letters to my parents house for a debt I owe for a credit card. I haven’t lived there for over two years and changed my address with the bank. Just before Christmas I emailed them to say they were sending post to an incorrect address for me and asked them to reply to my email so we could discuss payment. I heard nothing from them until today when I got another letter asking me to contact them within 7 days again addressed to my parents house.

What should i do?

Refer to your data protection rights, the right to have your data corrected and the risk of breach by sending your information to an address where other people live at.

Is your parents address the only correspondent address they have.? I'm assuming it is and that your email to them didn't include your present abode, that being the case, what are they suppose to do.?

Your question is, what should you do.?

Face up and stop trying to be clever with them. And this malarkey about throwing the data nonsense at them only prolongs the inevitable, and no doubt, irritates your parents.

You owe money to them, you either can, can't or won't pay up. Engage with them is the answer I'd give

I have engaged with them previously and asked to discuss a payment plan.lIt’s nothing about not facing up to it iv tried but they ignore me. Iv phoned and left messages and never received a phone call back. Iv sent them my current address but they refuse to acknowledge this

Refer to your data protection rights, the right to have your data corrected and the risk of breach by sending your information to an address where other people live at.
Because they didn't update postal address based in an email they received?
To be honest, I'd change banks if I learned this was the level of security they applied to change my postal address.

I last made a payment 8 months ago before I lost my job. I’m not denying iv done wrong and I’m asking to make payments but I’m not been giving info on how to do so

Iv sent them my current address but they refuse to acknowledge this

Is this updated address rented accommodation, if it is, I can see why they will not let go of a more secure correspondence address, as once the let go of that, it will be a nightmare for them to keep tabs on your contact location.

If its your permanent home now, thats different altogether, as someone on either side is not making the effort to update this.

Because they didn't update postal address based in an email they received?
To be honest, I'd change banks if I learned this was the level of security they applied to change my postal address.

And go to which bank would you mind me asking, ?? Is there a bank out there shining in exemplary customer service. I have been with a number of the big banks and can tell you they all have issues they could improve on..

Belgard solicitors have been sending letters to my parents house for a debt I owe for a credit card. I haven’t lived there for over two years and changed my address with the bank. Just before Christmas I emailed them to say they were sending post to an incorrect address for me and asked them to reply to my email so we could discuss payment. I heard nothing from them until today when I got another letter asking me to contact them within 7 days again addressed to my parents house.

What should i do?

Send them a registered letter with the change of address information, so you will have evidence of your actions. Emails can end up in the spam folder, don't assume people got your emails and ignored them. It happens too often.

Sorry, who did you notify if your address change?
The Bank or Belgard?
And are Belgard acting for the bank, or has the debt been sold to Cabot?
I notified the bank before there was any issues and had statements coming to my new address. Cabot are acting for the bank but it’s belgard solicitors who wrote to me and iv informed them too

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought it was bank who were using wrong address.

You could ignore Belgard and engage directly with the bank if you want to resolve this.

They have finally replied to my email but attached their response in an encrypted attachment and said to ring their office for the password!!

Back