Being pestered by UPC Zevas. Receiving calls from the number 021 4852700.

FTB1975

Hi folks,
Dunno if you can advise on this but since last Friday I’ve been receiving calls from the number 021 4852700. I’ve missed most of them…..but I answered it on Monday and they hung up!

I Googled the number and it links to [broken link removed]

and http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/0214852700 .

Looks like I’m not the only one with this hassle. I rang the 021 number and there's a recorded message informing you you're through to UPC and as a new customer you can avail of great broadband rates or some such spiel.

Then you're asked to ring an 0818 number, when I rang this I got through to a company called Homevision. Either Homevision are using the UPC name to get some business or Homevision are a subsidiary of UPC. But when I rang Homevision the girl I spoke to claimed she had no connection with UPC at all.

I then rang UPC and they were true-to-form useless! They hadn’t a clue….rang customer services and she told me to ring technical services but it sounds a bit dodgy to me.

I was asked if I wanted to be taken off the UPCs mailing list! So I said no, I just want to stop the harassment I’m getting on my mobile….ok, I’ll out you through to Tech Support! And then she cut me off!

Has anyone else on here had this encountered this.....how do I go about getting them to stop ringing me?

Re: HOmevision masquerading as UPC???

The same thing is happening to me. The no. 021 4852700 keeps ringing and hanging up.

UPC Number is 0818-272827
Homevision number is 0818-272728

Obviously OP rang the wrong number. If you ring the 021 number it gives you the UPC number. Title thread is a bit unfair on Homevision.

That whocallsme.com looks interesting.

How does it work?

I put in my own number and nothing came up. Is it only marketing companies with a record of calling whose numbers come up?

This was UPC. They use 3rd party companies called Zetas. So NTL's third party company rings you up and hangs up everyday as many times as they like all in the name of marketing. They have informed me that they will flag my account so this won't happen and this will take affect, wait for it- in 40 days.

That 021 number is definitely UPC, though when their sales dept used to coldcall me before (like maybe a yr ago) it was never a Cork number then.

I managed to answer one a couple of months ago now. It was a sales call to try to get me to swop to digital. I said I couldn't talk at that time. Since then I get the calls in spurts every couple of weeks. They're always at really awkward times & I'll switch on my terms when I've done all my research and I'm good & ready anyway.

I'm really glad I saved the number into my mobile as "NTL Sales" though, it saves me answering even accidentally!!

This was UPC. They use 3rd party companies called Zetas.So NTL's third party company rings you up and hangs up everyday as many times as they like all in the name of marketing. They have informed me that they will flag my account so this won't happen and this will take affect, wait for it- in 40 days.

Uddles

Have you opted out of getting cold calls?

If you opt out, then no company should be calling you. It doesn't just apply to UPC. It applies to everyone.

Breach of this rule is a very serious matter.

Brendan

Homevision are an appaling operator, they shouldn't be confused with UPC (who are no angels themselves). I had the misfortune of having them for TV and broadband before I had the 12 month contract cancelled with them due to the poor quality of their service and constant breakdowns for days at a time under sale of goods and supply of services act, not before they had threatened me with court first! Avoid this company, them trying their best to confuse their number with UPC in order to catch a few unsuspecting customers is fairly typically underhanded by them. avoid homevision!!!

Pestered by Chorus NTL 021 4852700

Anyone else keep getting calls from 0214852700. When I eventually rang back it was a recorded message from NTL telling me I had recently got a call from them about broadband etc and giving me a number to ring if I wanted to buy any of them their products. So basically I am tricked into phoning them so that they can advertise their products to me at my expense. :(

I got a missed call from these guys yesterday and again today.

I didn't recognize the number so I didn't answer it. I googled the number and find them on askaboutmoney!

As I have opted out of cold calls, I will report them.

Re: Homevision masquerading as UPC? receiving calls from the number 021 4852700.

I have made a complaint to both the Office of Data Protection Commissioner and to ComReg.

The DPC's complaint form was easy to use.

ComReg insist that I raise the matter with the company involved. Obviously I am not going to the expense of phoning a Cork number from Dublin to find out the story.

I have done up a Key Post on how to make complaints.

Liaconn - I would urge you to make complaints as well.

Brendan

Re: Homevision masquerading as UPC? receiving calls from the number 021 4852700.

OK, I am sitting at home and this number comes up again (5th time) on my phone, so I answered it.

Him: can I speak to Mr Burgess
Me: Where did you get my name
Him: from the computer (sorry I can't do the Cork accent)
Me: How did my name get on your computer
Him: I don't know
Me:Where are you calling from
Him: UPC/Chorus
Me: OK, what is your name
Him: A
Me: What is your surname A?
Him:C
Me: OK, AC - I want you to send me the document I signed giving you permission to call me at any time of the day or night
Him: I don't know what you are talking about
Me: Under the Data Protection Act , you cannot call someone without their permission.
Him: I am just a student doing this job to get me through college.
Me: Who is your employer?
Him: UPC/Chorus
Me: Not Freevision
Him: I have never heard of Homevision
Me: Why do you call people and then hang up if you get an answering machine.
Him: I don't know.

Me: Put me through to your supervisor

Supervisor: How can I help you?
Me: Why are you ringing ?
Supervisor: All our exisitng TV customers would be entitled (sic.) to get calls on all upgrades in the area. Me: I want a copy of the document I signed giving you permission to call me
Supervisor: I can't do that. We are agents for UPC/Chorus
Me:What is the name of your company?
Supervisor: Zevas
Me: You are agents of UPC/Chorus so you must send me that document
Supervisor: I will get UpC Customer SErvice to ring you.
Me: No, do you understand? I want a copy of the document I signed authorising you to call me.
Supervisor: Ok
Me: Why do you call and not leave messages?
Supervisor: I don't know. We are told not to leave messages.
Me: What would happen if I called back the number of the missed call?
Supervisor: You would get a message asking you to call 0818 272 827
Me: And how much would that cost me?
Supervisor: It's a lo call number
Me: And how much would it cost me to dial the 021 number?
Supervisor: I don't know.

Supervisor: I will take your name off the list so you will get no more calls.

Re: Being pestered by UPC. Receiving calls from the number 021 4852700.

Thanks for posting this topic. I keep getting calls from UPC myself. I already have Chorus digital and they keep getting at me to take internet and phone off them as well. I already told them that I wasn't interested. This is for genuine reasons. I have a monitored house alarm that is tied in with the landline, so I would rather keep Eircom as my phone provider. Every time they ring me, I tell them this and they apologise. Yet they keep ringing again and again ! They are only causing me to get annoyed now. I am getting more and more inclined to dump Chorus and get Sky instead, so they will leave me alone !

Re: Being pestered by UPC. Receiving calls from the number 021 4852700.

I get these too. They want me to change to digital but only if I do a DD. I hit the reject button now. Lately the calls happen at 5.30pm on a Friday. This will continue for 3-4 weeks and stop for a few months.

I have made a complaint to both the Office of Data Protection Commissioner and to ComReg.
This is shocking behaviour from UPC/Zevas...... Brendan, did Comreg of the Commissioner come back to you with a follow up? I'm amazed they get away with this.

Re: Being pestered by UPC homevision zevas. Receiving calls from the number 021 48527

UPC Number is 0818-272827
Homevision number is 0818-272728

Why are Homevision keep being named in this thread just because the OP got the numbers the wrong way around?

Re: Being pestered by UPC homevision zevas. Receiving calls from the number 021 48527

we got a call from the 021 number! The other half took the call but as far as we were concerned it was UPC or agents for UPC they kept her on the phone for a good 15 minutes doing a stupid survey a feew weeks ago. They are back calling again since last friday but we dont answer the call.

This is shocking behaviour from UPC/Zevas...... Brendan, did Comreg of the Commissioner come back to you with a follow up? I'm amazed they get away with this.

No follow up yet.

Back