Being 'followed' on AAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
"but I don't think it is a problem to be passed onto the forum administrators or developers."

Why? Sure who else do you imagine can change the settings?

To update: I believe the person who 'followed' me may not yet have seen my message. If they do and remove the flag that will be ok for now.

I understand that the setting cannot be changed on the personal profile at this time.

"but I don't think it is a problem to be passed onto the forum administrators or developers."

Why? Sure who else do you imagine can change the settings?

To update: I believe the person who 'followed' me may not yet have seen my message. If they do and remove the flag that will be ok for now.

I understand that the setting cannot be changed on the personal profile at this time.

You do know I'm following you too though, and on principle I'm not going to unfollow you.

Hi Thirsty, in my defence of you I can't think of any reason why somebody would be following your posts most of which are as bland as mine. No offence meant.

But, if you are a member here and you put your opinions on the line somebody will read them. Isn't that why we post? We don't post not to be read although some of the posters' contributions here aren't worth even a glance. The world is made up of people with diverse opinions and long may it last. You use a pen-name like he rest of us so there is no invasion of your privacy. It's not like you are going to be the murdered one in the next Easons Blockbuster Bestseller.

When I use the forum I just enjoy the opinions of some. I disagree with most. But, they are entitled to their opinions too. And if they want to "follow" me then well and good; the forum allows such but soon posters will realise that nobody is worth following anyway.

Gay Byrne used to complain that many celebrities climbed up the celebrity ladder and once there they craved privacy. You are in the same bracket, but without the money probably. Enjoy your fame, embrace it, be thankful for it and laugh it off.

"on principle I'm not going to unfollow you"
Well aren't you a credit to your parents...

This is the most ludicrous thread I've 'followed' in a long time.

A poster posting on a public forum complaining about being ..... :rolleyes:

The simple answer is stop posting. Get mods to delete your profile and walk away from AAM.

And ... while you're at it, get off the Internet also as it's the only way of being sure that you aren't being digitally followed. Get rid of facebook, twitter, web sites associated with you, LinkedIn etc.

So what if someone follows you here? What do they learn on forum where you aren't giving any specific personal details?

I knew a Thirsty once ... he was a terrible man for the drink. I know it's not the OP as the poor man is dead with years.

Just to sumarise...my question was

"How can I stop this & prevent anyone else from 'following' me"?

That question has been answered.

Go find someone else to pillory.

"How can I stop this & prevent anyone else from 'following' me"?
I see you've limited who can see your profile page. I didn't know we could do that. One would then need to search based on member name to list of posts. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back