Bedroom Wardrobes Prices

I've looked at IKEA myself. How does this work if you want the stuff delivered? Do you just go up there, buy the stuff and then order delivery? I checked their webpage and it's 100£ for two trolleys to Dublin, so not too bad.

Yeah, you can either bring it back yourself (it's all flatpack, so you could fit a fair bit in a car or on a roofrack) or get it delivered. The delivery is actually Stg£100 for two pallets, and two trolleys can be more than two pallets (not quite sure how they work it out, they are nearly the same but not quite).

I actually did it both ways on two different trips, and TBH it was so worth paying for it to be delivered because loading and unloading it ourselves was a nightmare - that's why the second time we went for delivery. It actually worked out about the same as hiring the van, but you do need to accept the fact that it's very difficult (if not impossible) to estimate in advance how many pallets you'll end up with, so you need to be prepared to be shocked at what it's actually going to cost you.

I think it's more worth it with a lot of stuff, because if you only have say one pallet you still have to pay for two (because that's the minimum). If you were going to just get a wardrobe I don't think it would be worth it, you could definitely fit it on a roofrack, or possibly in the back of a large car with the seats folded down. The website does give the dimensions of the flatpack boxes for each item, if you feel like adding it all up.

Built-in versus flat pack?

I want the wardrobes to go into alcoves next to (bricked up) chimney breast. The trouble is that measurements are awkward - one alcove is 159cm wide, the other side is 109cm. If I get Ikea/Cash'n'Carry I'll be left with 9cm space/4.5cm on each side free which I think will just look naff. Any ideas or opinions?

you could use some MDF to fill in the gaps and paint in the right colour? That's what's been done (by previous owners) in my bedroom alcove. There is about a 7cm strip on the right and it looks grand. Or a little shelving system (MDF or pine) - could hold CDs or books or serve as a wine rack?

I have used in the past this Dublin firm http://www.bedroomelegance.ie/ - a friend had her living room fitted out before Christmas and like me was very happy with the price and the quality. Obviously it is not as cheap as Ikea but the quality is very good, especially the fitting. If you already have a design in mind they will be able to replicate it. - no connection, just happy customer

Called a furniture warehouse on the Tuam Road in Galway. Wardrobe there costs 267 euro. Has to be best around. (full-hanging with drawers! )

Yeah I think Bedroom Elegance are coming out the most competitive, will check out Town & Country too though. Ikea dont have what I want unfortunately. Went to the Panelling Centre today and its 2000 for the materials, without fitting. There is a sale of but even still it would probably work out the same at Bedroom Elegance and their quality seemed a bit better.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of [broken link removed]? I've gotten a quote that seems reasonable but I don't know of anyone who has used them or if the quality is good. Any info would be useful.
Thanks.

Getting a wall to wall unit in TV room from company called Robe Design, costing E2000 for wall to wall in an ivory and light walnut, dont know if the price is competitive or not but have seen a similar unit in my cousins house and its gorgeous, includes lots of storage. They also do wardrobes and have a lovely range but I have decided to shop around a little more for the wardrobes.

Have a look at their website robedesign.com, they have outlets all over the country and have heard their work is excellent.

hi,

we just bought 2.8M of sliding wardrobes from a local kitchen company.
3 mirrored doors - 2 sections on each side have 2 rails (high & low) of approx 1M wide. So my husband and I each get 2Ms worth of hanging space.
Then, the middle section consists of 2 columns of shelves, with the bottom 2 on each side having sliding baskets .
Basic enough, but it will do us.

1,300 includes delivery and fitting.

Hope that helps!

Thats like 225 euro a foot, when i made wardrobes i was charging 160 a foot and any accessories like baskets, trouser rails were extra

Thats like 225 euro a foot, when i made wardrobes i was charging 160 a foot and any accessories like baskets, trouser rails were extra

Not sure if that's in reply to my last post...?
In which case it's more like 140 euro per foot, no?

2.8M = 9.186 ft
9.186 ft at 1,300 euro = 141.52 euro per foot.
That's including the hanging rails and the 4 baskets and full fitting.

Maybe you were replying to someone else though.

Back