Beats by Dr Dre headphones

poundhound

Anyone got a pair of beats by dr dre headphones?
Im particularly interested in the studio model.
I'm aware sennheiser are a quality make but finding it almost impossible to decide on a make or model.
Any advice?

I did a bit of research on this myself recently and ended up buying Sennheiser 558 from Komplett, approx 130€ incl free delivery. Delighted with them.

Apparently lots of fakes around, would be careful where you buy (if online or second hand)

There's some good reviews for the new trend in musician headphones, but bear in mind that there's a premium added for the name and design and slightly cheaper headphone can give as good a sound.

The main thing to consider though is that the headphones are designed for listening to R&B, hip hop, etc so they are very bass heavy. If that's what you're interested in, then they are (by all accounts) superb, if you listen to voice or music that doesn't need as much bass, look for another pair as it will be very annoying.

I eventually got the beats headphones (studio version).

HMV reduced the price from €319 to €256 for a limited period.
Gotta say I love them.

They are not as bass heavy as the solo's. The overall sound quality is fantastic.

My only gripe is they bleed a lot of sound, so not really ideal for the train or other modes of public transport.

Appreciate eveyones suggestions.

Back