Be careful about Zurich's directly owned unit-linked funds

Nothing of the sort G.

I was totally unaware and I am sure that most customers are also unaware, that if they "top up" their Zurich Life policy , they cannot use their losses on one against their gains on another.

You don't need to throw a wobbler. All you need to do is to correct or clarify what Steven posted.

"It applies in the following circumstances:
It does not apply in the following circumstances: "

Just to point out. I have no skin in this game. It does not matter to me if someone tops up a Zurich Life policy and finds that it's very inefficient for tax purposes.

Brendan

I was totally unaware and I am sure that most customers are also unaware, that if they "top up" their Zurich Life policy , they cannot use their losses on one against their gains on another.
Would the broker not inform the customer of this? Or Zurich Life? Apologies if this is a stupid question.

While this also applies to some pension products with Zurich Life that have early exit charges,

What's wrong with accuracy?
Because it was a general comment in a bigger thread that has now been promoted to its own thread. If I covered all the bases on everything that applies to the worlds of pensions, there would be caveats after every sentence. The post I put up applies to most of Zurich Life's contracts.

Like early exit penalties apply under a lot of contracts, even those with no commission being taken. Commission being charged is not the only reason that a life company imposes early exit penalties.

Back