Battery life of Blackberry Storm

Greg Barry

Has anyone being using the blackberry storm for long? I just got one at the weekend and am amazed at how fast the battery is running down. I am not using it just taking and receiving calls and there haven't been many!! I barely get a day out of a full charge! Just want some feedback before I go in to complain!

You'll get about 2-3 days max out of the battery. If you just got one, give it a chance. The battery needs to go through a few cycles of full charge -> completely flat before it works at its best.

Battery life on the phone depends on what you do with it eg bluetooth will drain it quicker and no signal drains it fairly quick.Most new phones now are thin and dont have a great battery time.I would let it drain out without charging it. Do it three times as it gives you a longer battery life.

Even if you don't use it for anything more than calls, if the functions such as bluetooth, wireless, 3G etc are enabled battery life will be shorter AFAIK.

Thanks! I will give it a few days and see if it improves! I had a nokia N73 before and always had bluetooth on and it was 3G but battery life was pretty good!

I have a blackberry 8310 and I have exactly the same problems with battery life. I love the phone but it really is frustrating to have to charge so often. I am amazed with the cost of these phones that the battery is so bad.

Like the other posters said, Bluetooth drains the battery terribly

Only turn Bluetooth on if you have a Bluetooth hands free kit in the car - you can set the connections button as a shortcut on the right button

I have a Blackberry Pearl and it has very poor battery life. With bluetooth turned off, I barely get 16hours on it. I purchased a new batter a while back, it made no meaningful differnce. I hate the thing, but am used to the functionality so don't want to change.

spoke to 02 rep about this... he said he only gets one day out of his... advised that we should get in habit of charging it every evening when you get home!

I have a Samsung Omnia which would be similar enough and had terrible problems with my battery life till I turned 3G off. It used to last one now, now I'm getting 3-4 without a charge.

3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, and big colour screens savage the battery. Also if you are getting your push email more often than needed, things like that also are hard on the battery. The Storm is getting a lot of bad comments on the web for its poor battery like.

How many people know the size of their battery and the quote duration?

For example.

BB Storm
[SIZE=-1]Talktime: 5.5 hours[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Battery standby: 360 hours[/SIZE]
Standard battery, Li-Ion 1400 mAh

E71
Talk time Up to 10 h 30 min
Stand-by Up to 410 h
Standard battery, Li-Po 1500 mAh (BP-4L)

3GiPhone
Talk time Up to 10 h
Stand-by Up to 300 h
Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion

Sony C902
Talk time Up to 9 h
Stand-by Up to 400 h
Standard battery, Li-Po 930 mAh (BST-38)

Back