bathroom refit

nuttybud

Hi

Im looking for some advice/tips
Ive just bought a hse and I need to renovate the bathroom. Its very small 4ft 11" wide and 5'9"" long with a small window.
The current layout is toilet (old style, cistern on top with chain) directly facing door and a 5' 2" bath beside it running lenghtways. the boiler is also in there at the end of the bath. There is no sink. It is in working condition but all the plumbing are outside on the walls.

I was thinking of putting in a cloakroom suite ie. v small and a small corner shower? Has anyone a similar size bathroom and what is your layout?

How much is involved in moving the boiler into another room?

Would someone have an aprx cost for the above work?

Thanks for your help:)

I live in former family home and I remember my bathroom looking like that at one stage - scary.

My bathroom layout is walk in door to see toilet directly in front of me. Small window to the left of that and sink on the left hand wall (not cornered or centred but closer to the window end than the door). The shower in then behind the door in the left hand front corner.

Recently got bathroom revamped (from same layout) at cost of c€4K if I remember correctly although it may have been a little less. Price included all materials and suite etc.

The guy that did it was excellent and if you're in Dublin I can pass you on his number. He did all the work incl electrics, tiling and plumbing etc.

I'd love that number please if you could pm. In the middle of getting quotes for a very similar setup for my house.

4k sounds very cheap including tiling
plumber 1500
sparks 600/700 includes spot lights wiring of shower to fuse board

600/800

You should first pay a competent plumber to prepare an agreed detailed specification for the work.

Plumbers can quote to duplicate what is specified.

You then award the job to the person who in your opinion is likely to be able to complete the work for his agreed price.

You may actually end up with a shower that will function well and not leak.
Insurers are starting to exclude claims for failed wall to tile shower seals.

4k sounds very cheap including tiling
plumber 1500
sparks 600/700 includes spot lights wiring of shower to fuse board

600/800

Got tiles for walls and floor and grout(I know big mistake), sink, pedestal, toilet in Showhouse on Longmile road. Plumber got me tray and shower door/panel. Also put in pvc ceiling and spotlights as ceiling was in bits .

All cables/pipes were in the same place from previous suite that was put in before the war.

I'm fairly sure the total cost came in under 4K incl. fit.

HI HamSlicer

Thanks for all that info -That sounds exactly what I have in mind.:D Could you please pm me the plumber details?
Would you have any idea re the bolier situation?

Back