Bathroom refit cost, D12

timbob

hi there. i'm looking to strip/refit an upstairs bathroom 2.6m x 1.8m. i've sourced all the fittings, tiles, taps, rad, vanity, mirror, toilet etc separately. i've gotten quoted €5.7k (ex VAT cash price) for removal/fitting, tiling, lights, electrics, pump unit, shower head/unit and any materials. this is also excluding skip hire. this sounds very high, or am i being unreasonable? it seems a huge amount for a week of work in a small room (that i then have to paint the top half of afterwards!)

would love some advice, or if anyone can point me towards someone they recommend for another quote, that would be great.

quoted €5.7k (ex VAT cash price)
That sounds a little on the high side to me.

This thread might help -

It does sound expensive alright, but working in such a tight space isn't fun, I've heard trades are extremely busy since restrictions have been lifted with a huge surge in demand for renovation jobs. So this may be a case of a builder who has better prospects pricing accordingly.

The best approach would be as you're doing, obtain quotes from a few others for the same specification of work. Only then will you know for sure.

Wow, I thought that was all-in, and it’s only when niceoneted posted that I read it properly.

That’s outrageous.

hi there. i'm looking to strip/refit an upstairs bathroom 2.6m x 1.8m. i've sourced all the fittings, tiles, taps, rad, vanity, mirror, toilet etc separately. i've gotten quoted €5.7k (ex VAT cash price) for removal/fitting, tiling, lights, electrics, pump unit, shower head/unit and any materials. this is also excluding skip hire. this sounds very high, or am i being unreasonable? it seems a huge amount for a week of work in a small room (that i then have to paint the top half of afterwards!)

would love some advice, or if anyone can point me towards someone they recommend for another quote, that would be great.

Ask friends for recommendations, get plenty quotes.

My brother bought house a few weeks ago just outside Dublin and he knew a builder & he quoted him 2.2k for labour for complete refurb, so that would be mates rates & presumably cash price

Sounds high. We got one done last year for 8500 approx incl VAT, this was an above average size bathroom fully tiled floor to ceiling and materials all supplied by the builder.
Another one a friend got very recently was 3600 incl VAT for average sized bathroom and ensuite refit. Materials supplied by customer, only tiled the floors and around bath/shower. Not sure what type of shower they got.
Both Dublin area. Definitely try get a few quotes but we found it very difficult to even get the builders to come when they said they would. One came and then never even sent on a quote.

Last edited:
Back