Basic Minimum A/c Access

pudds

A friend of mine is being forced to close his ptsb current account because of the increased
charges but a Basic Minimum A/c would be the perfect replacement.

I enquired on his behalf with ptsb about closing his current account and opening one of their own
Basic Minimum Accounts, but no joy.

The rule states you must not allready have a current account.

All they offered to do was to give him a letter stating that his current account is closed as of whatever appropriate date and he could then present this letter to another bank and apply for one of their Basic Minimum Accounts.

The problem is getting a new account opened and his welfare paid over before closing his current account.

A debit card or an atm card (do they still exist) that can be used in most atm's is essential,
and no or low fees, my head is frazzled just looking around. Anyone like to throw out an option.

cheers

Has your friend considered:
- A free EBS current account?
- Switching to a PTSB Explore current account? It has 4 euro fees per month but a rebate of up to 5 euro depending on debit card usage.
- A free N26 current account?

That ebs is their money manager a/c ...I was getting mixed up with their family a/c. That will do him
fine thanks Ciaran T

Was their a clause that if you made more than 4 withdrawals in a month then there is a charge, some think like that can you remember.

Back