BASF Walltite Insulation - Experiences?

Thanks Jazz. I understand after reading see the rules etc.

Still open to suggestions, comments or recommendations on "Wallite" or alternatives for a new build with 150mm cavity.
Thanks to all for previous experiences sofar.

Follow the link, it's Posting Guideline Number 14:

14 Please don't address specific queries directly to individual moderators or other contributors
Moderators and contributors give of their time freely and voluntarily so, in general, please post queries for general attention/discussion on the basis that somebody will respond rather than addressing them specifically to individual moderators or other contributors, particularly those who earn a living dispensing financial/tax advice on a professional basis. In any case, addressing specific queries to individual contributors rather than to the wider community in general may have the effect of limiting the number of useful responses that you receive rather than expediting things.

We used Walltite in our new build 3 years ago. Our blocklayer anchored the internal and external block walls together with wall ties - apparently this helps to prevent cracks. They were aware of the insulation we were using. I am not sure if this is done as standard on new builds - perhaps someone else can answer that question.

However I can tell you that we are very happy with our end result. The house achieved an A2 rating and the BER assessor said that he hadn't seen much like it in terms of airtightness. The house heats easily and holds the heat very well.

I am not sure where you are based but if you would like to send me a PM, I can certainly recommend the company we used. No affiliation apart from happy with the work they have done for us.
Hi Nutso,
We are supposed to be getting Walltite in our new build…we would love to hear how your house is holding up in terms of cracks etc. since you last posted this in 2019?

Thanks

Hi GDuffy87 :)
We have some very minor settling cracks inside, something which I think is fairly common anyway. Only one of the cracks is on the inside of an outside wall. We don't have any cracks on the outside walls. We are very happy with it. The only complaint I would have is that during hot weather, the house gets quite hot, particularly upstairs. Bedrooms were about 26 degrees during that hot spell we had in June and it took 4-5 weeks for them to come back down to 22 degrees where they are sitting now. It's not a massive issue but if we had a long hot summer, I would definitely have to consider some kind of cooling unit.
Hope that helps!

Back