Base for the garden shed - Gravel garden

guessaname

Hi,

I want to install a garden shed (plastic or metal) but my garden is covered with gravel and the weed blocker sheet underneath. Can I lay some stones/slabs on the gravel to make the base for the shed? Is there any other alternative for stones to make a maintainence free garden shed base? Could you please suggest?

Are there any other things which I need to consider when laying the stones on the gravel?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
G

Depends on the size and weight of the shed, speak to some suppliers, they are usually good for advice.
Would use 4" solid concrete blocks on the flat for a small wooden shed.

I just got six or so concrete patio slabs for the 4 corners and two sides and made sure they were level - did the job fine.

I'm looking to install 6 X 8 shed. If I put the slabs just on the corners of the shed, will there be a problem like rats or bugs creeping under the the shed?

Which shed would be maintainence and trouble free - plastic or metal? Please advice.

Thanks

There are previous threads on metal and plastic sheds, use the search facility to locate those.

Using the blocks, remove the gravel from underneath them to prevent the weight pushing gravel through the weed control membrane.

A shed on blocks shouldn't encourage rats unless there's a local food souce.
Leo

Back