Barrettstown Meadows, Newbridge, Co Kildare

mohenley

Hi,

Thinking of buying house in this new estate. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it, whether good or bad area etc

Re: Barrettstown Meadows, Newbridge

The houses in this estate are beautiful and the finish is very good. The location is also good as it is on the back road to Naas and if you are heading to / from Dublin this cuts out the Newbridge town traffic

Have seen this development, fabulous houses.......

Are you local to Newbridge ? Its a bit out of the town, some people like that, some dont. Its near Newbridge Golf Course, which could be a positive also. There is a halting site a bit down the road from it but it is a long established one and I have never heard any bad things in relation to it. Many local residents live directly beside it.

I hope that helps,

Re halting site. There has never been any trouble there in last 20 years apparently so wouldn't consider it a problem.

The builders that are building Barretstown Meadows also built Old Connell Weir across the road. It is worth having a drive around that estate to see how well finished and maintained it is.

Thanks,

We have put a depoist down on the Maple there. We noticed how quiet it was and wondered if there was reason why (apart from market slowdown) as the houses look really nice. Also it appears the site was prone to flooding previously so we are little concerned about that.

Are the builders good regarding sorting snagging issues out?

We are not from Newbridge but have friends there and I have started new job in City West so it would be handy enough location for me.

Is Johnsons a pub? We wondered what the local pub would be?

There are lots of pubs in Newbridge, Johnsons being the first one you hit when coming into the town from that direction. Its a nice spot, Id also recommend Harrigans, just a little further up .

Good access to Naas Rd as mentioned above ,

Johnson's is the closest pub alright and a really nice spot. I also second the recommendation of Harrigans.

Thanks for all the information. We are waiting on getting the information form building regarding floods befroe we sign contracts. Hopefully should not take long to move in. Did it take long for the kitchens and wardrobes to go in?

Also, on an aside does anyone know when new Jackie Skelly gym is opening in newbridge and whether it will be near here?

Not sure about exact opening date for gym - think it's early 2008 - progress is flying on it though.

GYm is lcated across from the train station directly beside Newbridge Town FC.

If you take the right at Newbridge College roundabout coming from Barretstown and proceed over a one way bridge, then a left at the top of the road, its is being built there on the left hand side

hi, thanks for info. Anyone have any opinion on the newbridge leisure centre, what its like etc

We are also looking at Kilbelin Abbey houses. Does anyone have any feedback on these houses, what they are like etc

well, we have signed contracts so hopefully will be moving in at end of sep!! Thanks for all your help.

Hi,

Does anyone know best service/value would be for TV in Newbridge. Does NTL service newbridge?

We have sky+ and it is great. We have the four channel mix and the sky+ and it costs us 26€ per month. We have previously had both chorus and NTL and must say that Sky (in my opinion) is much better both interactively (the menus are much easier to navigate, with the Sky+ its fantastically easy to record programmes etc), and from a customer service point of view.

Hi, we are also looking to buy in Barretstown, I know your post is old now but I wanted to get some feedback from you. Thank you.

Hi kamensokoi

Estate is lovely, houses well finished and well kept and there is a great neighborhood feel. Would recommend! If you have a specific question, let me know.

TTG

Back