Bargaining with Electric Ireland for bigger Loyalty Reward

pudds

Last year they offered me €175 to stay as a credit on my electricity bill. (dual fuel customer of theirs)

If i switch both fuels to energie bonkers say I can save €218

What are my chances of getting €200 credit out of them for staying another year with them.

I don't know - it will be interesting to see what they offer.

On a kinda related point, I just abhor the all too common business model which offers lower costs to new customers and/or customers that threaten to leave versus quiet, loyal, passive existing customers!

Why would you want to pay them €18 to give them your custom?

When my contract was up with Energia in May I asked them to e mail me their best quote for the next 12 months, so I could make a comparison with the best that Bonkers.ie threw up. They told me I had to ring them, they wouldn't e mail quotes. I declined and changed supplier. They were happy to lose a customer who was always in credit and they rarely lifted a DD as the bill was paid in advance ! I found it utterly bizarre that they employ people who do nothing all day only chase up accounts in arrears yet they were happy to lose me ! Only in Ireland.

As most of these box tickers haven't the foresight to see to the end of their noses you will probably have to change supplier to make savings.

The quiet loyal customers are the fools. I take it personally when companies are prepared to gouge me.