Bargaining with Electric Ireland for bigger Loyalty Reward

pudds

Last year they offered me €175 to stay as a credit on my electricity bill. (dual fuel customer of theirs)

If i switch both fuels to energie bonkers say I can save €218

What are my chances of getting €200 credit out of them for staying another year with them.

I don't know - it will be interesting to see what they offer.

On a kinda related point, I just abhor the all too common business model which offers lower costs to new customers and/or customers that threaten to leave versus quiet, loyal, passive existing customers!

Last year they offered me €175 to stay as a credit on my electricity bill. (dual fuel customer of theirs)

If i switch both fuels to energie bonkers say I can save €218

What are my chances of getting €200 credit out of them for staying another year with them.

Why would you want to pay them €18 to give them your custom?

When my contract was up with Energia in May I asked them to e mail me their best quote for the next 12 months, so I could make a comparison with the best that Bonkers.ie threw up. They told me I had to ring them, they wouldn't e mail quotes. I declined and changed supplier. They were happy to lose a customer who was always in credit and they rarely lifted a DD as the bill was paid in advance ! I found it utterly bizarre that they employ people who do nothing all day only chase up accounts in arrears yet they were happy to lose me ! Only in Ireland.

As most of these box tickers haven't the foresight to see to the end of their noses you will probably have to change supplier to make savings.

I don't know - it will be interesting to see what they offer.

On a kinda related point, I just abhor the all too common business model which offers lower costs to new customers and/or customers that threaten to leave versus quiet, loyal, passive existing customers!

The quiet loyal customers are the fools. I take it personally when companies are prepared to gouge me.

Back